JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after installing my Aev Procal I noticed the compass in my dash went Coo-Coo! It's almost 180 out?
Anyone else experience this?

Eric

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've had my compass do the 180 on me a couple of times before I used the procal and once or twice after.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Not sure if this has anything to do with it but if I put my cell phone on top the dash over the compass it goes out of whack until I move the phone away. What is AEV Procal?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
82 Posts
Check page 212 in your owners manual to re-calibrate the darned thing...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
The compass is under that dash piece above your radio. If you can't recalibrate it, take it out and rotate it 180 degrees then reinstall. It'll fit both ways.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The compass and the temperature are two different things.

Are you saying your temperature is reading 180 degrees? Have you recently had your grill off?

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
The compass and the temperature are two different things.

Are you saying your temperature is reading 180 degrees? Have you recently had your grill off?
No he's saying the compass is 180 degrees out of position (360 degrees in a circle) so its reading almost South when going North, etc.

The compass is under that dash piece above your radio. If you can't recalibrate it, take it out and rotate it 180 degrees then reinstall. It'll fit both ways.
lmao, what a cool new mod. Got a write-up for that one?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
lmao, what a cool new mod. Got a write-up for that one?
I learned the hard way that the compass can be put in backwards when I installed my Garmin Trailguide. No matter how many circles I did to recalibrate it, North kept reading South. Then it finally dawned on me what was really going on. Disassemble...reassemble. Fixed. Doh!! :homersimpson:

·
Registered
439 Posts
No he's saying the compass is 180 degrees out of position (360 degrees in a circle) so its reading almost South when going North, etc.
QUOTE]

lol I asked because once reinstalling my grill, I managed to pinch the temp sensor and my temperature was reading about 180 degrees.

That's definitely interesting about reversing the compass, hopefully when I remove my trail guide this week, I won't screw it up putting it back in. lol But at least if I do I'll know what one fix is.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies! Ive been away from the pewter all day..

I'll check out the recalibration thing and see if helps to rotate it too.

Thank god the temp reading is correct! I don't know how I would survive without it :smokin:

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Forget the write up. It's detailed in your instruction manuel under calibrating the compass or something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts