Premium Member
4,927 Posts

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Is this spam?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
It looks like most of those are already gone. When in doubt, please use the report feature.

How To Report a Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the time stamp. Select Report from the drop-down.

Add your reason for the report to the popup and click Report when you are done.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was just about to ask "Report? Where do I do that?" And then we have a pic of a handheld computer with phoning capability. Not everyone has or uses those devices. As for myself I don't have one, by choice. However, that's not what brought me to this thread, I was just commenting on the last post...

The reason for my visit to this thread, I'm sure, has already had its sentiment given in a previous post which I have not bothered to explore by clicking back one page...I know it's there somewhere.

My voice on the matter will be clear and distinct...
"Lose the SPAM, pop-ups and ads that have nothing to do with Jeep's, four-wheeling or the outdoors, etc...and by four-wheeling and the outdoors, I don't mean asphalt vehicles, quads, SxSs or products describing how fresh you're gonna feel."

I'm less and less inclined to even bother coming here. It's so water-downed and polluted with inane content, might as well be a cess-pool of contagious ignorance. I regret giving up on the vendors...sorry, guys. Good-bye.

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads. As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here.

As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

We will continue to work on ways to make advertising more relevant and do offer a premium membership for those who are interested.

- Cricket

·
Registered
689 Posts
@Admin: No one is expecting this operation to run for free, so I really take offense to your comment. If you can't target your audience's ads appropriately, you can't really expect people to stick around. And stating you can always purchase the Premium Membership is a straw man argument as that is always an option.

In addition, those who pay for Premium Membership are helping with your servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance. That's in addition to your ads, which your comment only addressed ads for paying for everything.

Instead of blaming people for your new software's rollout issue and inappropriate ads for the targeted audience, just maybe you should consider that it didn't go as well as you hoped due to poor planing. This would include not taking into consideration your actual form members. People were hoping for it to behave like the old software, but what you delivered didn't make the mark even to this day.

So I do find your whole response to lack true understanding. If most of the current members who have been here for years leave, how long do you expect to have this forum running without the insight they provided? Just food for thought.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts