JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
Not sure why but the search function on the phone can't find anything I enter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I believe the search feature may still be indexing.

- Cricket
Thanks I thought I got dumber as the day wore on-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Nope, you actually helped me find what appears to be a network-wide search issue. It has been reported. Thank you. :)

- Cricket
Hello all,

It looks like Search is coming back online this am and still indexing so you might see limited searched results for a few days.

Jeff M

·
Vendor
15 Posts
Can I get a partial refund for my account. I would not have renewed it if I knew you were going to do this to the forum. Its basically worthless now.

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
Can I get a partial refund for my account. I would not have renewed it if I knew you were going to do this to the forum. Its basically worthless now.
@Tom's Hack Shack

You will have to reach out to your sales rep or use the Contact Us form below.
Contact us

Are there any specific questions I can answer for you? You can always check out our FAQ HERE

Jeff M

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
Yes, you guys force us to use Paypal. I will see if I can disable thru them. I can cancel PayPal after that.
Tom,
If you used PayPal, log in to your acct and go here: Log in to your PayPal account
Alternately, paypal.com -> logon -> upper right gear icon -> payments -> manage automatic payments
You can stop VS from auto renewing there.

·
1,230 Posts
One nice thing I found if you are a premium member:
You can remove the metrics / stats boxes that eat up negative space on the right third of the screen here:
Open your account profile -> Preferences -> Focused Reading Mode
Sorry if this was mentioned previously. It makes site readability 1000% better.

Another feature request:

Infinite scroll
From what I can tell the user has no control over the number of results / posts per page. Infinite scroll should be standard for the mobile UI and optional for desktop.

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
You can remove the metrics / stats boxes that eat up negative space on the right third of the screen here:

Another feature request:

Infinite scroll
From what I can tell the user has no control over the number of results / posts per page. Infinite scroll should be standard for the mobile UI and optional for desktop.
Yup, we grandfathered in any premium memberships from the legacy community.

More Info here:

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
4,087 Posts

Another feature request:

Infinite scroll

Thanks for that. It does make it much better.

·
1,230 Posts
Thanks for that. It does make it much better.
Change sucks.
For me, I want to make this as usable as possible without feeling like I have to fight with it. That's why I will keep asking for minor enhancements / changes.
So far, dark mode, focused mode and a very light application of content blocking makes the site easier for me to use than before.

I would like to point out that previously, when you loaded the VB site you were hit with so many trackers, cookies and shysty junk that it was obnoxious and consumed a lot of overhead.
With Xenforo and Premium, the tracking / clicks overhead is almost non-existent. I appreciate that.

EDIT: The best new feature of all? The "ignore" feature. I no longer have to read the obligatory "use search" posts that get used to pad post counts.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Change sucks.
For me, I want to make this as usable as possible without feeling like I have to fight with it. That's why I will keep asking for minor enhancements / changes.
So far, dark mode, focused mode and a very light application of content blocking makes the site easier for me to use than before.

I would like to point out that previously, when you loaded the VB site you were hit with so many trackers, cookies and shysty junk that it was obnoxious and consumed a lot of overhead.
With Xenforo and Premium, the tracking / clicks overhead is almost non-existent. I appreciate that.
Change always sucks when you're already used to an interface that hasn't changed for years. But from being in the computer industry for a very long time, you just get used to it and move on.

For myself, I don't have a problem with the right 3rd portion of the site taking up that space. It's really no different from the original site honestly.

As for the cookies/trackers/junk advertising stuff, I don't have a problem with that either. My browser is setup well so I don't have to worry about that.

Anyway, day 3 here and getting used to the new site. May the suggestions keep rolling so we get the site the way we want it.

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
Change sucks.

EDIT: The best new feature of all? The "ignore" feature. I no longer have to read the obligatory "use search" posts that get used to pad post counts.
Change always sucks when you're already used to an interface that hasn't changed for years. But from being in the computer industry for a very long time, you just get used to it and move on.

For myself, I don't have a problem with the right 3rd portion of the site taking up that space. It's really no different from the original site honestly.

As for the cookies/trackers/junk advertising stuff, I don't have a problem with that either. My browser is setup well so I don't have to worry about that.

Anyway, day 3 here and getting used to the new site. May the suggestions keep rolling so we get the site the way we want it.
Thanks for the great constructive feedback guys. I will be sharing this with the Product team.

Note you will see continuous updates as development and design tweaks are released so this is not the final form.

You can see how far we have come on this new platform in a year with Release Notes.

Jeff M

·
1,230 Posts
The developers continually work on spam prevention tools for us but there will always be a few that slip through.

- Cricket
Thanks Cricket.
One other observation:

I get this when attempting to edit a thread:
  • You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
That's an odd restriction. Thoughts? Dinner?

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thanks Cricket.
One other observation:

I get this when attempting to edit a thread:
  • You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
That's an odd restriction. Thoughts? Dinner?
There appears to be a bug with the edit feature. They are working on this.

- Cricket

·
1,230 Posts

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 65 Posts