JKOwners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
Ok, another issue. Being able to select if you want to receive e-mail updates to a thread used to be under the Post Reply, now it seems to be automatic. You should be able to select what kind of notification you want when posting and not having to dig through your profile to change it.
@Will Scarlet

You can update those default settings here then should be able to update them under following:

A red dot on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site, indicates that you have alerts or new conversations (private messages). When you click on your avatar you will see a number next to Alerts and/or Conversations indicating how many new ones you have. Click on each to view them.

You can adjust your settings for alerts by selecting Account Settings and then Preferences from the left side navigation on the new page.

Scroll down to “Receive a notification when someone…” and set your preferences.

For email alerts, scroll down to Content options and adjust your settings.

Make sure to click Save at the bottom if you make any changes.

Jeff M

·
Random Dude
3,041 Posts
@ExWrench

Have you tried the new "Dark Mode" as Cricket mentioned above?
Yeah I did that 0.02 seconds after logging in. I believe I know how to make JKO look as un-wrecked as I can from a user's POV, requesting y'all un-wreck it further as possible from the flippin' switches side.

·
Registered
689 Posts
@AG Jeff Thanks for the help. The details for seeing what threads you replied to helped and the rest I stumbled upon already.

However, it still would be helpful to be able to select e-mail notification like the old site when replying to the thread instead of crawling through the account profile for changes.

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
Seemed pretty self explanatory. The timeline had shit from eons ago and Admin was the author.

Ergo timeline was not an actual timeline

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No more salty language apparently.

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
Seemed pretty self explanatory. The timeline had **** from eons ago and Admin was the author.

Ergo timeline was not an actual timeline

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No more salty language apparently.
It is because we moved the old homepage content to new sections per the post below.

Jeff M

·
Registered
689 Posts
Doesn't seem that the search function is working for the site.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
The amount of ads on the sides and between the posts are annoying
Hmm

there must be a big difference between the views on premium membership vs free. I see two little " Popular Communities" links on right & no other adverts.

I do already miss my advanced text editing bar & the finger emoji ...we all use that , ALOT....

·
Administrator
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts

This is a great option for those times when you want to save a thread to come back to later. At the bottom of the post, you will see “save”. Click on it.

Once you click on it you can add any notes to remind yourself and then simply click to save.

When you are ready to find the saved bookmarks again later, from the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “bookmarks”.

- Cricket

·
Registered
689 Posts
So day two and still not impressed. I'll reiterate I can handle how the look and feel of the site has changed, however seeing there is now censorship of specific words along with the lack of the custom emojis that were present on the old form is disconcerting to me.

As to the censorship, that is why you have moderators on the forum. This allows them to make the determination of what is proper or not given the situation and location of a post. It was successful on the old forum, it should be implemented that way here on the new one.

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
So day two and still not impressed. I'll reiterate I can handle how the look and feel of the site has changed, however seeing there is now censorship of specific words along with the lack of the custom emojis that were present on the old form is disconcerting to me.

As to the censorship, that is why you have moderators on the forum. This allows them to make the determination of what is proper or not given the situation and location of a post. It was successful on the old forum, it should be implemented that way here on the new one.
@Will Scarlet

We have removed the swear filters for you guys, it looks like an oversight on our part during migration.

Sorry for the confusion have at it.

Jeff M

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
The smilies are just silly. Is there anyway to change them back to what used to be? If not can the old ones be added?
You can still insert custom ones smilies or gifs from outside sources.

They are just no longer listed in the defaults but I will put in a request with the team to see if they can do something down the trail.

example:

Jeff M

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
We have removed the swear filters for you guys, it looks like an oversight on our part during migration.

Sorry for the confusion have at it.

Jeff M
bleep you : )

Here is my feedback:

• Your UI has way too much negative space. I think you can safely compress 20% of it and not give people a headache. For example, your left margin is just too much. There's a huge amount under the square metrics "tiles" on the right -- that may be ad space and I'm just blocking it, so maybe I'm off.
  • I'm 90% sure you have some kind of js or css smooth scroll enabled. I would just let the big three browsers define scroll characteristics.
  • Accessibility: I see options for light / dark skins, but I do not see defacto accessibility UI options -- maybe I just have not found it yet.
  • I see your GDPR boilerplate but I do not see CCPA. Maybe it's buried somewhere or it's not needed since you are in Canada.
  • I would love to see some legacy / throwback touches / reminders of old. The first pass is a bit sterile, but I get that it is a work in progress.
  • I like the dark mode
  • No filters, Trailer Park, etc
That's all I got.
My only other comment is you guys probably pay a boatload for an off-the-shelf product that you then turn around and do a ton of in-house modification to. Since you probably own the majority of forum traffic on the Internet, you should develop your own forum platform in-house and drop the off-the-shelf stuff. If you ever are bored and want to chat about development or infrastructure, I'm a sucker for good conversation in this arena.

P.S. Can we get a picture of Cricket in a JK?

·
Community Manager/Admin
116 Posts
bleep you : )

Here is my feedback:

• Your UI has way too much negative space. I think you can safely compress 20% of it and not give people a headache. For example, your left margin is just too much. There's a huge amount under the square metrics "tiles" on the right -- that may be ad space and I'm just blocking it, so maybe I'm off.
  • I'm 90% sure you have some kind of js or css smooth scroll enabled. I would just let the big three browsers define scroll characteristics.
  • Accessibility: I see options for light / dark skins, but I do not see defacto accessibility UI options -- maybe I just have not found it yet.
  • I see your GDPR boilerplate but I do not see CCPA. Maybe it's buried somewhere or it's not needed since you are in Canada.
  • I would love to see some legacy / throwback touches / reminders of old. The first pass is a bit sterile, but I get that it is a work in progress.
  • I like the dark mode
  • No filters, Trailer Park, etc
That's all I got.
My only other comment is you guys probably pay a boatload for an off-the-shelf product that you then turn around and do a ton of in-house modification to. Since you probably own the majority of forum traffic on the Internet, you should develop your own forum platform in-house and drop the off-the-shelf stuff. If you ever are bored and want to chat about development or infrastructure, I'm a sucker for good conversation in this arena.

P.S. Can we get a picture of Cricket in a JK?
Thanks @snout

I will share this constructive feedback with the product team.

We did want to get away from VB as it was causing more headaches than it was worth. This customized platform allows us to develop a lot of our own features and not be at the mercy of third-party plugins that go unsupported over time.

You seem to know your stuff so we appreciate you sharing your input and I will reach out if we need any power users for testing.

Jeff M

21 - 40 of 65 Posts