JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brand new stainless steel Colt 45 ACP, 5" model 1911...I have three for sale, all new, never fired, in box, with all papers...$800.00 each delivered only to those legally allowed to purchase a handgun.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice gun. I would say it was a little high on price, but I went to a gun show this past weedend just to buy some amo and you would have thought that it was the last gun show in Texas. I think all the prices were doubled, and there were so many people there you could barely see the tables . The show started at 9:00am, I got there about 10:30 and it was shoulder to shoulder. When I finally found the amo I was looking for, they were almost sold out. I feel sorry for the people on Sunday that went to buy amo, I bet it was all gone Saturday.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, the cheapest you will see this pistol is $831.00 at Bud's Gun Shop...and the stainless is out of stock, as it is in other internet dealers...local hometown retailers are getting over $1200.00 for this species.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Dusty- What type of documentation do you need to have? You know I live in Texas. I have a clean felony history, as well as a clean misdemeanor history. It has been several years since purchasing any firearms and those have all been brand new from dealers. I currently own a Taurus 9mm semi-auto and a Taurus 357 revolver. I recently sold to a gun dealer a 12 gauge pump and a small Keltec 380. I trust your integrity and realize that the firearms you are offering are in the exact condition as stated. I know that the Colt 45 would be a significant upgrade from where I am at currently. Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas as I understand it is a shall issue state...given your background, a CCW is no problem. Now, for you to purchase a pistol from me, or any other person or dealer on the internet, you would need to provide me the name and address of a brick and mortar gun dealer...I would ship the gun to that dealer, who will in turn, transfer the gun to you...he should not charge more then $50.00 for the transfer...that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Nice deal. I have a SS Gold Cup that I had bead blasted and worked on. It's the best .45 I own. These are great pistols.;)

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
most dealers around here charge $20 to just do a FFL transfer

edit:
as far as a TX CCW, actually TX calls it a CHL (Concealed Handgun License), you have to have an 8 hour class and pass a basic shooting test on top of the background check.
Most gun shops can tell you a local instructor that will do the class/fingerprint/affidavit/application packet for you. Most guys charge $100 for the whole gig.
The shooting test is a joke.
Also have to bring a passport photo, some guys will take the pic for you at class too.
There are 2 classes of CHL in TX- SA allows you to carry revolver or semi-auto, NSA is revolver only.
If you take the class with a semi auto, you get SA. Take it with a revolver and you get NSA.
If you have any other TX CHL questions, let me know an I'll see if I can answer them for ya.

And yeah thats a damn nice gun at a great price Dusty's got there, I've got my next purchase nailed down to a HK USP Tactical .45 or I'd be sorely tempted!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Thanks venom. I actually took my class and test several years ago in Texas City (Al Trugg's) (CHL- SA). The proficiency portion was like you said- a complete joke. So were most of the applicants- Old ladies with trembling hands, a woman with a black eye, two Muslim guys that couldn't speak English, and a few normal looking people as well as some older guys that were there to re-new.

I wanted to have my CHL for a "just in case" scenario. I choose 98% of the time, to not carry. I feel that in most cases that it is not a wise alternative for myself. Too many opportunities for error...theft, loss, temptation to use, etc.

I may have a few more questions though, regarding Texas specific laws/ regulations. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price going up each week until it's sold...now $825.00 delivered...

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get them while they're available...next week they'll be $850 each

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$850.00 now....have 2 left.....perfect Chanukah gift;)

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will buy your gun if you buy my Jeep, i just picked up a Springfield XD 40!

Awww geezzzee...I wish you talked to me first....:shaking:

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hurry....it's going up to $875 next week

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
you have to have an 8 hour class and pass a basic shooting test on top of the background check.
The shooting test is a joke.
Yup, if you can fog a mirror you pass the whole course. If you shoot less than 250 on the test, hang you head in shame ;) :D

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
heh yeah, when they started us at 3 yards I thought he was joking
I asked if I could use the gun or just throw the bullets at the target :bounce:

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One left...will be $875.00 next week......

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
The week is almost over...as an incentive, you buy before Monday, and I'll throw in a brand new El Paso Tanker holster...........

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last day folks...and last one left....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts