JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Colorado - Twin Cone Trail - Saturday 5/31

We won't get to the top because of snow but hopefully is worthwhile just running as high as we can get. If it sucks we can run Slaughterhouse Gulch on the way back.

Meet at the Conoco gas station in Bailey at 9:30 AM http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....40304,-105.480423&spn=0.053389,0.085745&z=14 (it's on the right as you drive through the town, you can’t miss it).

Trailhead: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...927,-105.730705&spn=0.106764,0.17149&t=h&z=13

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Sounds good Alec! See you then! :beer: :beer:

Weather prediction for Saturday in Bailey is 71* and sun!!!

Anybody else going?

BTW, can you PM me your cell phone number?

·
Registered
173 Posts
A Plumber, K-bear, CO Hummer...

You guys gonna make it?
Not this Saturday. I'm bound to work around the house, many projects.

I can do something the following weekend - Saturday from noon onwards, or Sunday from around the same time.

Also, I'm free all weekend of 6/14 since the family will be away.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
A Plumber, K-bear, CO Hummer...

You guys gonna make it?
Unfortunatly, we're not going to make it. Me and a plumber are going to Utah to fish the green. His wife is out of town so we have to make the best of it. We were thinking about wheeling next weekend.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunatly, we're not going to make it. Me and a plumber are going to Utah to fish the green. His wife is out of town so we have to make the best of it. We were thinking about wheeling next weekend.
I have to go camping in freaking Illinois of all places next weekend. The weekend after I’m all up for a trail.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Just saw the weather on the news. 84* expected tomorrow and 89* Sunday!

I am surprised nobody else is down to go tomorrow!

Deffinetly will need to bring a couple of :beer::beer:'s to beat the heat! See you tomorrow Alec!

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Frozen toes trip

I had fun today. You guys missed out!

Thanks for showing me that spot Alec!

Most of my pics did not turn out. I have a couple though. I am sure Alec got a few better ones.

Basically, we drove till we hit a huge drift of snow (literally, lol). It was about a half mile from the top. We stopped for a bit, soaked in the sun and had some lunch. It was a beautiful day and very relaxing :beer:

View half way up:

This is as far as we made it before running into the snow and where we had some lunch

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K-Bear, WTF and I are meeting at the Conoco in Bailey to run Twin Cone again on Sunday (at 9 am). Feel free to join us, it should be fun and it's open now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts