JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Awesome video!

Thank you for posting that. I made the trip out there in the Jeep in 2013. Ran the same trails and even camped in what looked like the same spot as you in the first location.

Makes me excited to go back out there again and I enjoyed watching your editing skills! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nicely done! Loved it!
The composition, use of time lapse, etc made the video so much more interesting and pleasing than the vast majority of jeep/travel videos out there.

Kudos!

BTW, are you in Phx?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nicely done! Loved it!
The composition, use of time lapse, etc made the video so much more interesting and pleasing than the vast majority of jeep/travel videos out there.

Kudos!

BTW, are you in Phx?
yeah i'm in chandler... I go up to Carefree Highway a lot though. Lots of Northsider friends up that way.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Been a lot of places out west, including Colorado, but not the part you showed. Very awesome. Every time I go out west, or watch videos like yours I wonder why the heck I still live in Ohio.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome video. We are getting ready to move to Denver. Looking forward to being able to visit places like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great vid! Nice editing! Planning on heading to CO in July, would love to catch the scenery that you did. Any chance you could hit me up with some must-see trails?

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Great vid! Nice editing! Planning on heading to CO in July, would love to catch the scenery that you did. Any chance you could hit me up with some must-see trails?
This thread is 2 years old. The OP was last on JKO in Feb, 2016. Might try PM'ing him or go to the Colorado thread in the Regional section.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Okay, I can help. Not sure what exactly Day One was, something down towards Durango. I have a friend who grew up there if you need to know that trail. Day 2 forward was Black Bear Pass, then most likely Poughkeepsie Gulch up to California Pass. Not sure if they took Poughkeepsie or not. If they did, they edited out some great scenery and a really nice couple of water falls. But then they may not have taken Poughkeepsie as it looked like they have a fairly stock FJ with them. The Wall might have been more obstacle than the FJ wanted to tackle. There are a multitude of ways to get to California Pass, but Poughkeepsie would be my recommendation. The next day was Engineer Pass. Those would be my recommendation for trails in that area - Black Bear, Poughkeepsie and Engineer Pass. There are a few more, do them as you have time or desire.

Part 2 is Moab. I think the first trail was Top of the World, but some shots looked like Dome Plateau - maybe they did both in one day. Then, oh hell, I don't know, could have been any of a bunch of trails. Kinda looked like parts of Metal Masher. Then some shots were Fins and Things. The last shots with the slot canyon is in Dead Horse State Park, at least I am 90% sure. One place I have not been. Mixed in were shots in Arches, Balance Rock and the signature arch in Arches, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

If you come up to the Buena Vista area, there are a bunch of trails around there as well. Chinaman Gulch with a short hike to the exit of Carnage Canyon are a must see. Mt Antero is a cool trail. Iron Chest if you want some boulders to crawl over.

If you come that far, then come east on 285 and hit the trails around Kenosha Pass. Red Cone is my favorite. Radical Hill, St Johns, are all very nice.

Heck just buy Charile Wells trail books, for South CO and the one for Moab - if you are going to Moab. Or hire me as a guide! >:)

Does that help??

·
Registered
27 Posts
That helps a TON! Thanks man. Not sure who's gonna be coming with, I just have some vacation time to burn and a Jeep, so naturally I want to head to the mountains. If I end up heading up there on my own I may just have to take you up on your guide offer! Thanks again dude.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Glad to help.

Oh and I forgot Imogene Pass. So when you do Black Bear, you go from the Ouray side to Telluride as it is a one way trail. Then once in Telluride you can head to Imogene Pass and take that back towards Ouray. Its a long day, but a great day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts