JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Springs with this setup. I would love to take a ride in any JK running this setup. I am close to purchasing, just need a little push over the edge. Also, if anyone would be interested in a 2012 JKU Rubicon suspension, 4 springs and 4 shocks, with less than 3k miles, I may have availability soon.

Thanks,
Brent

·
Registered
882 Posts
Might check with Ed at Crazy Ed's. I know he has a RK on his Tj and I think he also put one on his JK.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have this complete lift with the Bilstein 5100s. It was pretty easy to put on with help from a friend or two and a 12pack. I killed my ball joints playing in the snow recently and will be replacing them in the next week or two. After that I could probably make a trip down to the springs and you can check it out if you are still on the fence about it.

I am happy with my choice. Plus, when you want to go bigger on the lift you only need a few additional parts instead of replacing everything all over again.

·
Registered
293 Posts
^ Second that. I'm getting my RK kit and 37's thrown on the JK next week in Monument. Safe to say I'm pretty excited about it. You could run up to Monument to check it out if you like. PM me if you are interested and we will work something out.

·
Registered
561 Posts
stay the fuck away from Crazy Eds! As soon as I get the jeep back from josh at Crawler Tech you are more than welcome to go for a ride/drive my rig

·
Registered
193 Posts
stay the fuck away from Crazy Eds! As soon as I get the jeep back from josh at Crawler Tech you are more than welcome to go for a ride/drive my rig
hey man long time no talk. whats your beef with Crazy Ed's? Just curious since he's been nothing but great to me

·
Registered
561 Posts
Long story short. Took my jeep into him for a regear, hell tells me over the phone he knew there was an issues as soon as he pulled the diff covers. Front axle tube bent on passenger side, rear axle tube bent on both driver and passenger side. Gave him $600 to get started with parts and shit. Where he fucked me was he took it upon himself to continue on removing both the front and rear carriers, all the axle shafts, and installed his alignment bars, without my consent, or a phone call. Once I go sheck it out he tells me to get my insurence involved so he can make a shit ton more money on stuff. He is a total fucking snake. Charged me $550 to put the rearend back together so that I could drive it home. Left the front carrier out, front driveshaft out, and front axle shafts as well. I offered to buy the parts so I did not have to pay for him to ship the fuckers back untill he told me there was $1000 in parts( gears ain't made of gold=total bull shit). He is a fucker. If I didn't have a wife and kids, I would have went to jail the day I picked it up I can assure you of that!

·
Registered
561 Posts
go ask about his reputation on colorado4x4.org. After I posted my dilema there people were coming out of the fucking wood works, pm'ing me telling me to get my jeep out of his shop asap. Never again! I will spread the word on that shit hole every chance I get! I would not have been so pissed had he picked up the phone and called as soon as he stated " I knew there was a problem right off the bat", but nooo the fucktard continues to work on it making my reassembly bill go threw the fucking roof. Oh and he in a round about way told me he was fucking me on cost of reassembly because my jeep was on his lift for 2 days and he was not gonna make any money after I told him to stop asap

·
Registered
193 Posts
damn man thats very unfortunate. I didnt think he was that kinda guy but I guess you never really know someone. Hopefully this next place gets your gears dialed in for you.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Anyone in the Springs with this setup. I would love to take a ride in any JK running this setup. I am close to purchasing, just need a little push over the edge. Also, if anyone would be interested in a 2012 JKU Rubicon suspension, 4 springs and 4 shocks, with less than 3k miles, I may have availability soon.

Thanks,
Brent
Any update? Just curious if you ever got the kit or not and if you installed it yet. I would be interested in seeing it as I had the 3.5 Mid arm pro and it worked great but I want to go lower this time on my 2012. Thinking the 2.5 RK kit but not 100% yet.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have not received yet, still no ship date. The shocks have shipped, which I was told might be the longest wait time, so that is good news. I should have the shocks by Tuesday. I expect the RK kit in the next two weeks. I have decided to go with Bach Crawlers on the install. His price is just too good.

Brent

·
Registered
293 Posts
Have not received yet, still no ship date. The shocks have shipped, which I was told might be the longest wait time, so that is good news. I should have the shocks by Tuesday. I expect the RK kit in the next two weeks. I have decided to go with Bach Crawlers on the install. His price is just too good.

Brent
I just got mine done from him last week. Pete is a good guy and he knows his JK's. He can cut your fenders and pinch welds too. He does a great job and it was reasonably priced.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update, no lift yet. Got the 5100's the other day, but still waiting on the RK kit. In the mean time, install an ARB Twin compressor, going to love it, I think. Tomorrow I am suppoed to receive my ACE Rock Sliders, will get those on this weekend. It is coming along.....

Brent

·
Registered
610 Posts
Update, no lift yet. Got the 5100's the other day, but still waiting on the RK kit. In the mean time, install an ARB Twin compressor, going to love it, I think. Tomorrow I am suppoed to receive my ACE Rock Sliders, will get those on this weekend. It is coming along.....

Brent
Still waiting on my RK lift too. I'm tired of staring at these damn shocks!!!

Sent from my iBrick

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.