JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
I joined the other day after noticing the JK link on Pirate.

Currently I wheel an H2 (don’t laugh too hard it’s been on some decent trails over the years :thefinger:). I like to get up in the mountains and Moab as much as possible and decided to get rid of the H2. My JK is still on order and was scheduled to be built last week so I should have it soon. I plan on installing a poly performance 4½ inch lift, 37s and 5.13 gearing from day one and then adding a bunch of other stuff later when the wife (AKA $ manager) lets me :D

I live close to the Denver tech center.

Here are a few pics I posted on Colo4x4 from Ouray the other day. Scenery is really biggest reason I go wheeling http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=106823

A ton more of my pics from the H2 days can be found here http://www.xaltitudevideo.com/Index.aspx?Page=Images&SortBy=Created&SortOrder=Desc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice pics Alec. I have been wanting to go up to Ouray for a while now, is it still doable this time of year? If not, I will just wait until Spring and catch the Wild flowers blooming.
I am a bit of a shutterbug and was wondering what kind of camera equipment you used, those are really good quality pictures.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Da Kine, Been to the Ouray/Silverton/Lake City area many times in Oct & early Nov.and it's hit and miss on trail condition and weather. Generally there are trails still open this time of year and good wheelin to be found. Watch the weather forecast and plan accordingly. :)
Try - http://ouraycolorado.com/Jeeping - scroll down the page, clic on ROAD CONDITIONS

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys I was thinking about trying to organize a pretty informal "club". Maybe all Colorado JK's meet up once a quarter for beer and pizza and plan some trips for the upcoming season? I have a buddy that owns a 4x4 shop here in town and said he would be willing to host or do whatever we need. Is anyone else interested?
:beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Arvada, the problem is that I don't have a JK yet :bawling: I'm hoping to be able to order a 4dr Rubicon in April or May. I'd be down for a club though.

A

·
0 Posts
Hey guys I was thinking about trying to organize a pretty informal "club". Maybe all Colorado JK's meet up once a quarter for beer and pizza and plan some trips for the upcoming season? I have a buddy that owns a 4x4 shop here in town and said he would be willing to host or do whatever we need. Is anyone else interested?
:beer:
Why the food and beer? Let’s just go wheeling. I have my JK now and the suspension mods are about done so I’m itching to take it somewhere.

What 4x4 shop BTW?

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why the food and beer? Let’s just go wheeling. I have my JK now and the suspension mods are about done so I’m itching to take it somewhere.

What 4x4 shop BTW?
I have been using ITB 4x4 he was out here in Parker but moved to Broadway and Dry Creek, he has built 2 JK's now, one of which my fahther in law has bought, pics to come incredible. Anyway he is another wheeler this is not a plug for him just a thought. I was thinking it is a pretty centralized location and he is willing to cut some deals and wants to be involved.
:D

A

·
0 Posts
I'm in the tech center area so that works for me :)

I’m thinking of making a Moab trip soon. I actually have a friend who lives in Moab so it kinda makes it a cheap trip for me :smokin:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm down in the Springs so if things are close enough, I'm willing to attend.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I been cking this thread since Nov. and nothing, all of a sudden action! Great!::smokin:
Informal Club, meet, I could do it.

clobato, You should maybe order one now so you even have a chance of seeing one by April or May. I had one on order for 4.5 mo.:pissed: and it never got out of BG status, never scheduled into production. Ended up buying one on a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I been cking this thread since Nov. and nothing, all of a sudden action! Great!::smokin:
Informal Club, meet, I could do it.

clobato, You should maybe order one now so you even have a chance of seeing one by April or May. I had one on order for 4.5 mo.:pissed: and it never got out of BG status, never scheduled into production. Ended up buying one on a lot.
Thanks for the advice, but I couldn't take delivery until mid May at the earliest. I'm a student at Mines and I'm graduating in May. I have a job lined up, but I won't start until mid May. I'm hoping to order one in April so I have it before next winter.

·
Vendor
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you guys think of a meet and greet next month? My buddy said we could meet at his shop near Broadway and Dry Creek. We could start putting some trips together?

:beer::beer::bounce::bounce::beer::beer::bounce:

·
Registered
401 Posts
May be goin to Death Valley, but if the date works I can do it.:beer:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm down here in Durango getting the JK ready for next season. It'd be great to get some runs going with you all over here.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts