JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran Carnage Canyon this past weekend. 2 JKs and a bruiser chassis. Buggy of course made it thru unscathed, I only lost part of 1 fender in the v-notch, and the other JK had a laundry list of issues but powered thru the end of the trail.

Here is a 23 min video of the highlights

·
Registered
619 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The green jk - are those 35s? How much of that rear fender/license plate/body damage was from that day?

Edit: looks like those are 37s and definitely damaged from that day...seems like the mt was not his friend.

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
The green jk - are those 35s? How much of that rear fender/license plate/body damage was from that day?

Edit: looks like those are 37s and definitely damaged from that day...seems like the mt was not his friend.

I was going to comment on the same thing ; the green JKU has its trimmed rear driver fender at 4min in ,but the winch pull at 6min mark appears to have been a tad rough on the rig ; by min 14, it's not only had a dyneema snap but no fender behind driver ,wheel ground up nicely and the MC suspension is being heavily tested ....seems 37s are just not enough for such a mega playground (man, the view at 21:25min !) . I am jealous jealous jealous of having that kinda stuff in your " backyard " @Nemesis Industries!
Great Video , @LuckyNickelJK !

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going to comment on the same thing ; the green JKU has its trimmed rear driver fender at 4min in ,but the winch pull at 6min mark appears to have been a tad rough on the rig ; by min 14, it's not only had a dyneema snap but no fender behind driver ,wheel ground up nicely and the MC suspension is being heavily tested ....seems 37s are just not enough for such a mega playground (man, the view at 21:25min !) . I am jealous jealous jealous of having that kinda stuff in your " backyard " @Nemesis Industries!
Great Video , @LuckyNickelJK !
Dont get me wrong, Carnage is hard. I would definitely say though that a rig on 37s or 35s with a pretty good driver and spotter combo could do the trail with little to no damage if you took your time. The green JK in the video was somewhat in a rush to get thru obstacles sometimes and it definitely caused problems where there didn't need to be. He learned quite a few lessons that day.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I miss this trail...When I lived in Littleton I went here in a TJ on 35's and me and a buddy stopped at the bottom of the exit and turned around. I had a catastrophic failure of my steering and had to turn back.

To this day I want to go back and hit this trail again.

Very good driving lucky nickel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts