JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question for those of you using the Cole-Hersee smart isolator for your dual batteries.

LED on = both batteries combined. LED off - batteries isolated. Simple, right? I've got two Die Hard Platinum AGMs in my setup. After driving the Jeep, LED on. A day or two of sitting idle = LED off (in other words the aux battery has dropped below 12.7v. Nothing is connected to the aux battery at the moment except my Superwinch EPi 9.0. There should be no reason that the voltage is dropping.

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?

·
Registered
399 Posts
If the main battery drops to <12.7V the solenoid will open and LED turn off too.

So it could be a draw on the main battery.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can use to confirm voltages when the LED is on or off?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Just a quick question for those of you using the Cole-Hersee smart isolator for your dual batteries.

LED on = both batteries combined. LED off - batteries isolated. Simple, right? I've got two Die Hard Platinum AGMs in my setup. After driving the Jeep, LED on. A day or two of sitting idle = LED off (in other words the aux battery has dropped below 12.7v. Nothing is connected to the aux battery at the moment except my Superwinch EPi 9.0. There should be no reason that the voltage is dropping.

Check your ground on the isolator. It will not function without a solid ground.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

You got a pick of your wiring setup?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Check your ground on the isolator. It will not function without a solid ground.
just installed mine, was wondering the same thing. The ground i used is similar to the one that is used next to the fuse box on the fender support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts