JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else experience cold start knock?
Yesterday it was about 26*F on the dash thermometer and I had cold start knock for about 5 seconds.

I am not looking for a lesson on what causes this so much as if anyone else experiences it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, very likely that's what it is. It's only happened once since my oil change (last weekend with a wix filter). If it happens again I'll get a filter from the dealer.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've had good luck with Carquest filters. Also I'm running 5w30 synthetic. I had start up knock using K&N oil filterand Fram regular orange but the Fram tough guard was OK. Ive been running the carquest filters for the last 3 oil changes and nothing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Had it and switched to Fram Tough Gard and its all better now and we have had some cold mornings here lately and she doesn't knock no more :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Napa has a filter that i have had good luck with its the napa platinum filter from wix. i belive its a synthetic fiber for use with synthetic oils i also use penzoil ultra 5/20 with 8k intervals

seems to work for me i dont have a know neither does my wifes 2009

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a bit of knocking as well, but just recently switched from a fram tough gaurd to a Bosch filter and don't think I will run anything else. No More knocking:beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts