JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's running cold air intakes? Did you notice any HP gains? Are they loud or whiney sounding?
What about throttle body spacers?
What's the best, least expensive performance bolt-on to start with??
Thanks!!
:grinpimp:

·
Registered
74 Posts
do a search multiple threads on this

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have the KN cold air on my JK, I did notice a little boost in power (emphasis on LITTLE) but I noticed a huge amount og increase in noise! This will make your motor sound like it is sceaming in my opinion.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the airaid and a throttle body spacer. I never put it on a dyno but after installing it I did notice my speedo jump about 5mph the sound of the combo airaid and throttle body is good it's a little throaty, I noticed the biggest difference when adding the Gibson Dual exhaust. Now it sounds fricken awesome.
I've added the a Jet performance chip also and I can tell you the combo of 4.88 ring/pinion air intake, throttle body spacer, performance chip and exhaust makes the jeep want to jump off the line. I'd say my total speedo (and this is the only way I have of measuring) increase was 20mph. Because with the 35's and stock everything else I was getting the speedo to 65 on I75 after the changes 85.

I have a 4door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts