JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out COG of my JK. To calculate the COG, one needs the following weight and height:

• driver front
  • driver rear
  • passenger front
  • passenger rear
  • Wheel Base
  • Axel Height
  • Raised Axel Height
i have the height and wheelbase done but not the weight of the endivisual corners. anyone know where i can go to get all 4 corners wight in the MD, PA, and VA? I recently had my jeep on the scale but it only breaks down by front and rear. front = 2940 lbs rear = 2800 lbs

thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Out of curiosity what do you need the CG for?

Keep in mind that it varies with simple things like fuel level, top and doors on/off, passengers, gear, etc.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I think with the height component in his data he is wanting to calculate at what point his JK will roll over.
It's too variable to go by a number on an inclinometer, though.
When it starts feeling light to the side, take action to level it out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If this is to calculate the tip over angle then it also depends on the lateral traction of the tires. On a dirt incline the tires or ground could slip instead of the Jeep flipping. I was thinking the he was more interested in suspension calculations.

If I recall correctly, the number is around 24" for a stock TJ but I've never seen it for JK.

I agree, in practice the seat of the pants and the inclinometer are the best tools.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts