JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's my 29 started to loose the squelch when 1st turn it on,(dead squelch) then after a little while it would start working. Now after a week of this it stopped all together, decided just to get something that's very good but don't break the bank. I'm looking at the Cobra 19 DXIX or the Uniden Pro510 I like the smaller size for my JK, I know there's probably split on this amongst you guy's. If you had one of each in your hands which would you take home & why.. Thx.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had more bad luck, went to my local CB Shop here in Carlisle, Pa. and looked at some CB's, decided to buy another new Cobra 29. Went out installed it & nothing but Red Light on Antenna led. He come out hooked his meter & the test began, he thought coax, then he used his own & got the same thing. He was confused, he brought out a new Wilson 5' top load & fixed my problem.(My 5" Wilson was a Bad Antenna). Probably from my last wheeling trip, it was hitting the top hard until I secured it. Well now, I have a new Cobra 29 & my old 29 wasn't the problem.. I kept the new one so I have a perfectly good Peeked & Tuned older Cobra 29 keeping me company now. Needless to say, the wife isn't happy:shaking: New 29;):D:thefinger:
New

Old

·
Registered
962 Posts
Go for the Cobra 75 WX St it is small and works great too! You can get them for around $100.00 Bucks.

See my Jeep in Action @http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
Not to jack this thread, but the passenger in your Jeep will have a face full of cell phone and CB if their airbag ever goes off.....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to jack this thread, but the passenger in your Jeep will have a face full of cell phone and CB if their airbag ever goes off.....
Ouch!,..I never noticed that, that's good trying to save a fellow Jeeper's passenger(wife/children from being hurt...good catch.:beer:

·
Registered
851 Posts
No they will not the air bag deploys 4" above the grab handle!!!! I checked!
Think if you were holding the grab handle and the bag went off you would break your hands...

See my Jeep in Action @ http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm

·
Registered
962 Posts
No they will not the air bag deploys 4" above the grab handle!!!! I checked!
Think if you were holding the grab handle and the bag went off you would break your hands...

See my Jeep in Action @ http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
OK, if you say so...I've seen the deployed airbags on both the driver and passenger side in a JK and I can honestly say that I would be very nervous with that stuff there if I was your passenger. These things hurt people all by themselves, why put hard projectiles in the path between it and a passenger?
Just my .02 worth....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts