JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to do Long water, Metberry and Hackett Gultches this weekend. It was supposed to be a bigger group but the guy who posted the run didnt show so it was me, rob50lx, Jack (AvengerSC), his son and some father and son couple in a polaris buggy thing (I have no idea).

They are pretty easy trails with some amazing views. Hope you enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I miss living out there.
Looks like a blast!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Man, that is some pretty countryside y'all got there!!!!:)

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That area suffered a major fire a few years back so alot of the trees were burned. I can only imagine how beautiful that area must have been before the fire.

Also I was told you used to be able to drive all the way down to the river from Long water and then ford it (looked about 2 feet deep) and then come up Metberry but that has been closed.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Did you guys make it through all 3 trails? Looks like you made it through Metberry. Curious to know if you had any issues with a stock jeep on the other two trails.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you guys make it through all 3 trails? Looks like you made it through Metberry. Curious to know if you had any issues with a stock jeep on the other two trails.
We did all three. I have a stock jeep and had no issues. Rob just had a Teraflex leveling kit and no issues and we had a stock TJ with no lockers that didnt have issues either.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It was a fun trail ride. It was a small group of some cool people. It was awsome to see 2 supercharged Jeeps in action. It definately makes me want one so I can change the nick name of my Jeep from "Gutless Turd" to something better.

Rob

·
Heat'n and a beat'n...
3,954 Posts
Great pics. Man that is some nice scenery. Im going to take a month off one of these days and do some wheelin' in that area.....hopefully....maybe...

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
Great pics. Man that is some nice scenery. Im going to take a month off one of these days and do some wheelin' in that area.....hopefully....maybe...
let me know, i'll go with you. used to wheel in colorado back in the late 70's to late 80's. some of the best wheeling and scenery you'll see anywhere. lucky bastards.:D

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me know, i'll go with you. used to wheel in colorado back in the late 70's to late 80's. some of the best wheeling and scenery you'll see anywhere. lucky bastards.:D
Possibly take extra time off and do Colorado on your way to EJS???:D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey Alasha,

how long did it take you guys to get to the trailhead? Looks like a nice relaxing ride that id like to do sometime soon....

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Alasha,

how long did it take you guys to get to the trailhead? Looks like a nice relaxing ride that id like to do sometime soon....
Actually didnt take very long at all. It took ~40 minutes to get to the area from Woodland Park and then maybe another 10 minutes to get to the trailhead of Hackett. Each trail head is probably 5 minutes apart.

·
Registered
163 Posts
awesome pics. thanks for sharing. I really need to get out and do this soon before the snow comes in. Plus its pretty much my back yard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts