JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Rob50lx and I were the only ones willing/available to do Eagle Rock on Saturday:

For those who don’t know the trail, its pretty easy and there are turn offs at any relatively hard sections. It has a pretty good tree canopy so its not too hot and for the “most part” the weather cooperated with us.

Rob:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a reservoir up here. Its not one of the main ones feeding the Springs but it was still a little scary seeing it like this:

On the way back down, we ran into a heard of cattle. Some rancher must be really dedicated to get the cattle up to where they were grazing:

Lastly, we went on a little bypass to do a little flexing:

Where we ran into this guy who broke something in his front axle. I was going to say something smart like “that’s what you get for wheeling an Excursion” but he was too nice and just kept apologizing that he was in our way:

It rained a bit leaving Rob a little wet since he didn’t bring a top and it was getting late so we opted to not back around and do Saran Wrap. Hopefully we can do Saran Wrap a few more Jeepers...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Love that area, but where is that reservoir? That isnt Rosemont is it? At least the big tires on that Ford Valdez leave the pavement once in a while.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love that area, but where is that reservoir? That isnt Rosemont is it? At least the big tires on that Ford Valdez leave the pavement once in a while.
I am not very familiar with the area so I dont know what its called but at the end of Eagle Rock, you come to a fork. We went left and drove for several minutes at which point there is another narrow road heading up on the right hand side. That road lasts for a few minutes and then ends at the entrance to that reservoir. Maybe Rob knows what its called.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, that's Mt. Baldy all right. I'm fairly certain that it's called Rosemont Reservoir.
Sorry, back to my North Carolina section.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, that's Mt. Baldy all right. I'm fairly certain that it's called Rosemont Reservoir.
Sorry, back to my North Carolina section.
Not Rosemont if after Eagle Rock. Rosemont is at the Gold Camp bypass where the Excruciation was broken. Go back to NC! :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Not Rosemont if after Eagle Rock. Rosemont is at the Gold Camp bypass where the Excruciation was broken. Go back to NC! :D

Whatever... Screw you CO guys, you got all the good wheeling. :thefinger:

·
Registered
188 Posts
These trails look like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
242 Posts
They were fun. I had to take 2 bypasses since I am basically stock. I did a lot of dragging and can't wait until I wear out my stock tires. I will probably take my wife on this trail so she can get some practice.

Rob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts