JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if the climate control knobs from a '07-'10 can be interchanged with the ones on a 2013? I absolutely hate the round knobs on mine because I have to look down every time I want to change a setting and end up swerving. This is due to the fact that there is zero indication of a knobs position by feel, because it it is round. I want to be able to adjust the fan or heat setting by feel so I don't have to take my eyes off the road. Thank you for any suggestions.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
I'm not sure it'll work. Here's a pic from my '07 to compare.

dash.JPG

·
Registered
593 Posts
Just put a small dot of skateboard tape on the outside of the knob so you can feel where the "pointer" should be

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fairly certain you can't do that, I know for a fact that my 07 uses a cable system (like a brake cable on a bicycle) to manually change the vents and blend door, and I'm pretty certain the newer interiors use all electronic knobs

·
Registered
592 Posts
Fairly certain you can't do that, I know for a fact that my 07 uses a cable system (like a brake cable on a bicycle) to manually change the vents and blend door, and I'm pretty certain the newer interiors use all electronic knobs
yep, '07 use a cable system.

i cut grip tape for mine, long piece for thermo, medium for vent selection, short for fan speed :lol:

all have a double layer at the arrow for indication

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
Just put a small dot of skateboard tape on the outside of the knob so you can feel where the "pointer" should be
That's a quick and simple fix. :beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts