JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun! Are those SSRs? If so, how do you like them off/on road? I'm planning on getting them for the JK when I upgrade soon.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSL radials. 31x10.50/15 Don't really drive it on the street. Flat tow it everywhere.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
That looks like a blast. I'll bet it's a lot less stressful wheeling that Samurai than your brand new JK.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Are those SSRs? If so, how do you like them off/on road? I'm planning on getting them for the JK when I upgrade soon.
I've ran 37" SSR's on other vehicles and really liked them off-road, great traction and a tough tire. Like most Swampers they required a lot of weight to balance and cupped a little on the highway. They hummed quite a bit, but they weren't uncomfortably loud.

Something to bear in mind is their weight, they are heavy. A 37x12.50x17 SSR is 90 lbs, compared to the same size KM2 which weighs 72 lbs. When the wheels spin that extra weight makes a difference.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Went to Clear Creek to try out the Sammi. It sure is different than my Jeep. Really fun and challenging to drive. Snowed off and on all day but it wasn't cold enoguh to stick, but without a heater, it sure felt cold.

"igofishn",...next time I'm up a the DQ getting my favorite milk shake, I'm going to take pic of the Sami that I look at every time I'm there. looks just like yours and definitely wheels that thing. It looks lifted, locked & loaded.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to run the Sammi more. it is propane injected and at 2.56 a gallon it is much cheaper than gas for the JK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts