JKOwners Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Update:
Cleaned it up and purrs like a kitten now. Loads of gunk on the backside of that flutter valve. 15 minute job and it was like band new.

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks for the info i cleaned mine today it was a breeze. i couldnt believe how carbon was built up on it u couldnt tell there was a tiny opening around the butterfly it was so bad. the back was pitch black couldnt see any silver at all. and boy does my jeep drive so much better im just simply blown away of how big of a difference it made. i got about 98000 miles on it and it has never been cleaned. i can not see why people charge so much to clean this its easier then changing your oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did this today at 155K miles. very dirty! the gasket had some kind of RTV (tan) smeared on the bottom half. I removed and carefully scraped and peeled it away and was able to reuse the gasket, though I ordered a new one (none in stock at local auto stores) to replace next time I am working around that area. While I had the TB off, I was able to replace the corrugated sleeves that cover the wiring in that area - it had all turned grey and cracked off leaving a lot of the wires exposed. Now I just have to replace the spark plugs and wires - which looks like it is going to be a bear of a job on this engine.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts