JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my entire Jeep is bedlined! The only way to property clean it is with a powerwasher, but that makes it somewhat dull after the wash. So I have to spray the ENTIRE jeep with tire shine. I end up using 2 bottles worth of tire shine to get the entire Jeep. With Bedliner, it's impossible to use a little tire shine and rub it around because the fibers from ANY cloth will be stuck all over the bedliner. So I have to spray EVERY spot of my jeep with the tire shine so it's even. I spend about $13 per car wash just on tire shine.

I was wondering if there are any better/ cheaper solutions?? I hear vegetable oil is cheaper and gets the same results, will that damage my bedliner??

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Did you use Duplicolor or Rustoleum Bedliner? The Duplicolor isn't as gritty. I used it and went over it lightly with a 1500 grit sandpaper to smooth the rough spots. Now, I use back to black on a sponge about once a month. The bottle has lasted almost a year so far.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use Duplicolor or Rustoleum Bedliner? The Duplicolor isn't as gritty. I used it and went over it lightly with a 1500 grit sandpaper to smooth the rough spots. Now, I use back to black on a sponge about once a month. The bottle has lasted almost a year so far.
Nah, I used Rustoleum... a sponge won't work for me. Duplicolor is WAY smoother then rustoleum.

I'm going to try to see if sanding it down a bit will help though....

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
Try baby oil, should give you the shine you want and it is chemically pretty neutral.

·
Registered
262 Posts
We use Simple Green at work in our bedlined pickups. We often get diesel, gas, and tons of dirt in the bed. I spray bottle with simple green and rinse. Does a good job, if that's not clean enough we hit the the dirty/greasy spots with simple green again and use bristle brush and rinse. It doesn't take much water or simple green, so doing the jeep would be easy.
Best part is it doesn't leave it slippery like some other products.
And simple green is nontoxic and biodegradable!

Try it on all your black parts...I use it on tires, fenders, bumpers for the non shine look.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My grill, fender wells, bumpers and tub rails are bedlined with the rustoleum. I use a stiff bristle brush and soap and water and it gets all the muck out just fine and leaves the finish as good as new. Never saw a need to use a product like tire shine.
If I had known what a PITA it would have been I would have used something different.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Just remember oils will also ATTRACT dirt to it. You'd want to have a very dull sheen imo.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Try WD40 it will shine it up and keep the mud from sticking! Thats what I use on my stock fenders and when I go play in the mud I spray under the wheel well's and bottom of the cab and clean up is a lot easier.:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I only have the Line-X in my tub. I finally found the best cleaning method for my setup. Set a garden hose on medium, scrub with thick bristle brush, have a buddy an inch or two away from brush with a wet vac sucking it up. Mine looks like brand new every time. Even after dumping gas in it.
Never did exterior though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts