JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after year of riding around with the stock Jeep I decided it was long enough and started ordering parts.

Everything showed up in time for the weekend, and it was a perfect weekend to get the work done. I went over my friends and took over his driveway for the weekend.

I went with the 3.5" kit, and let me say I was really impressed with the quality and overall beefyness of everything used by Clayton.

The install went pretty easy, we were able to get it done in a day, and we took our time. One problem that I have is that with the stock wheels and tires on it the tire is rubbing the rear passengers side upper arm, I think I might have the track off just a hair, but it is also very close to rubbing the arm on the drivers side, like 1/16". That problem should be fixed with the new wheels and tires that will be going on it Tuesday evening.

I would adjust the track but I think I have it set pretty good as it sits, and dont think I would be able to get it any better.

Alright enough talk time for the pictures.

My front porch Friday when I arrived home from work, kinda like Christmas

Sitting stock for the last time

Front done

Riding high

More random shots

I'm going to order driveshafts tomorrow, and while Im at it new diff covers cause the stock ones have taken a bit of beating.

Its just killing me that I cant drive it because of the tire rubbing, but Id rather wait a few days then trash a tire.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Looks sharp!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looks good, waiting on the bigger tires pic though.

Ron

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
looks real good! I have been looking at that kit every since TGRT got his installed and posted pictures.

·
Registered
441 Posts
looks real good! I have been looking at that kit every since TGRT got his installed and posted pictures.
What happened to keeping it close to stock. Just couldn't do it huh? :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What happened to keeping it close to stock. Just couldn't do it huh? :)
just looking, no buying for a while. Just booked the trip to Vegas so that pushes mods back a little further. Maybe I will win a million in vegas? :smokin:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires on it

Got the tires on it today- 35x12.50 BFG KM2's. I think they look pretty good, they ride nice and so far dont make much noise.

Some Pics-

Stock vs. New

Mounted up

Parked next to m friends 2500 ram with 2" spacer and 35" KM2's

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill grab some more tommorow, here are a few from during the install not many of just the arms, was not really thinking about it during the install.

Any more pics now are going to be the same as what is on Claytons site.

But let me tell you when everyone says that Claytons stuff is beefy, they are not lying I do not see any possible situation where I will damage the arms, and I really like the way that their track bar bracket is engineered, it will transfer the load to the axel tube and i dont see that breaking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your Jeep looks frickin' awesome! The color, especially with the doors and the top kick ass.

Do you have any of the rubbing issues still with the new shoes and such? I had that issue with my pintlers and have used wheel adapters to totally solve that issue (1 1/4" billet aluminum, very nice)

Get it dirty!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very nice....Clayton makes some nice stuff...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your Jeep looks frickin' awesome! The color, especially with the doors and the top kick ass.

Do you have any of the rubbing issues still with the new shoes and such? I had that issue with my pintlers and have used wheel adapters to totally solve that issue (1 1/4" billet aluminum, very nice)

Get it dirty!
No problem with rubbing yet, but have not flexed it out, waiting on driveshafts before I put it through its paces, they should be hear next week some time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So cool man,

I have JK rubicon 2dr, and a bit confused what lift kit Clayton or Currie RockJock, almost the same cost, inclusive of almost everything and both are highly rated as of quality etc.....

Appreciate your advise...:D

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Something about basic black and white looks so good. especially going w/ the steel rims... No chrome no colors. Just looks great!

·
Registered
441 Posts
So cool man,

I have JK rubicon 2dr, and a bit confused what lift kit Clayton or Currie RockJock, almost the same cost, inclusive of almost everything and both are highly rated as of quality etc.....

My decision was made when I called Clayton and Adam? sat and talked to me for about 45 minutes and answered my questions. There was no rush. He was genuinely interested in making sure my questions were fully addressed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So cool man,

I also looked at the Currie lift, and based on reading about Claytons Quality, Customer Service, and Looking at their reputation with not only the JK lift but also all of the other products they made I decided to order up.

I spoke with the guys at Clayton several times with different questions and each time I called the guy who picked up the phone answered my question no matter the time of day that I called, and they talked with me way longer then I expected them to. They also did not treat me like an idiot, even though Im sure that they have been asked the same question 100 times.

The kit went on real easy, as i said before, me and a friend did it in a day in the driveway. The directions were clear and easy to follow. As long as you have a basic grasp of what is going on it is no problem to do it yourself.

As for the quality, the arms a pure beef, I don't know how else to explain it, i dont see any circumstance in which the arms will be damaged, and if they are, im sure the rest of the Jeep will be in pretty bad shape.

I never got to the point of calling Currie so I cant comment on them. I just think that for the price the quality and service that Clayton provides cant be beat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts