JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got going on this stretch. I took alot of ass-end damage this year on the trail, so I am going to do a little thinning of this gals hips.

I purchased a Synergy Stretch this past summer but because of the change in plans to go with a buggy backhalf, I chopped it up and I am going with a one off 3-link instead.

This is what it looked like before I took my 5" cut-off wheels to it:

This is what it looked like after the main material removal:

I removed the frame three inched in back of the body mount behind the door.
The rear stretch will be 16 inches and the front will be 4 inches
115 inches when it is done.
I am going to do the rear now and do some snow wheeling and do the front with coilovers in March, along with the crawler box.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More

I am keeping the factory fuel tank because I want to stay smog legal so I can keep it street licensed.

The buggy backhalf will have lights and mud flaps to get from my property to the trail during the summer.

I cut the factory B-Pillar Cross-Over out and I am grafting the back half to a new B-Pillar:

The lower control arms and new LCA are in. I still have some final welding to do on the mounts:

I am using the Currie Bridge for the 3-link mount with some extra parts:

That is it for now, I am going to be working on this full time so it should move fast.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Looks like fun, mine is getting modified in January, the day after winterfest. To be done in February for the caring veterans run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
626 Posts
Idream of doing this to my 4 door. Cut the body and frame right behind the rear seats and tube the rear end. Custom 4 link the rear and actually bring the rear axel in closer. 16" coilovers and a cell. Till I can do this, i'll just live vicariously through you. Awsome job!

1 - 20 of 337 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.