1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
excellent video, thanks for sharing it. I love when he says: lots of tire noise, rattling, noisy hard top, flapping annoying soft top, loud engine noise, rough handling on the highway,, needing insulated boots due to how hot the floor gets, lousey fuel economy and other similar comments as if they are all great features! I say the same thing with mine when people ask how I like my Jeep..."it's noisy, tops leak, mpg sucks, rough ride and slow...best damn vehicle I ever owned!" :D

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Cool video.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My first Jeep was a red '74 CJ5 with the 304. I put headers and a 4bbl on it. I swapped in the Mopar HD leaf springs and boxed shackles to run 33" TruTracs, which were considered HUGE tires back then.

Damn I had fun with that Jeep! It would pull the front end off the ground if you nailed it from a stop. I jumped it hundreds of times on the beach and the dunes.... It held up!

It rode like a buckboard, the top leaked like a sieve and flapped like a flag. In the winter you could blast the heater and fry eggs at the dash board and still make ice cubes in the rear seat. Perfect!

JPK

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
LOL :laughing::laughing:

Awesome video, but i love the list of negatives at the end...insulated boots to avoid burning you're feet...and i won't even get in to the riding characteristics!! but all these things are synonomous with a jeep, too many they spell charm.

Man that guy beat on that thing, looked like he had fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts