JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who smokes them, what do you enjoy?

I smoke a cigar once in a while.
I might smoke 4-5 a week, then go a month or so without smoking but I truly enjoy a good cigar.

Pair a good cigar with a nice Bourbon, and I’m enjoying life.

My current favorite is an Oliva V series Melianio

I generally prefer a Maduro wrapper.

I’ve got a makeshift humidor and try to keep a nice selection available.

I enjoy Oliva, Rocky Patel, Padron, and Alec Bradly for average priced cigars.

This is an “edge” by Rocky Patel, and I’m sipping on some “Egale Rare”.
If you like Bourbon and you’re not familiar with Eagle Rare, you should check it out. Probably the best whiskey available at its price point. Actually better than many much more pricey Bourbons.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My go to now is Cabarete by Villiger. It's a Maduro blend that's smooth and billows smoke. I have to order them but reasonably priced. I smoke maybe once every few months now though. I don't want to smoke around my kids or wife so I smoke when I go on offroad events or camping.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I do enjoy a cigar, but it has to be for a special occasion. Wedding, bachelor party, kid birth and baptism. I don’t know much about them, it’s more of a for fun. With a good bourbon or if not so good bourbon made into an Old Fashioned.

On a bourbon side note, recently picked up a Rip Van Winkle (10yr). That will be a special bottle I open when the kids hit 21 and can sit and have a drink with me (legally). I have a way to go as my sons are 5yr and 6m. Daughter is 7, but she probably wouldn’t want to touch the stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Far from being any sort of aficionado, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a good cigar, though I've thought recently about replenishing my humidor a bit. I like Montecristo and Arturo Fuente cigars in a double corona, but have tried and liked many different brands and sizes. Although I usually like to have them with an Armagnac, I may have to try one with a good bourbon. Good spirits usually enhance a good cigar while a good cigar equally enhances good spirits.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Far from being any sort of aficionado, it's been a while since I've enjoyed a good cigar, though I've thought recently about replenishing my humidor a bit. I like Montecristo and Arturo Fuente cigars in a double corona, but have tried and liked many different brands and sizes. Although I usually like to have them with an Armagnac, I may have to try one with a good bourbon. Good spirits usually enhance a good cigar while a good cigar equally enhances good spirits.

Both of the brands you mentioned put out some good cigars.

If you like a good Bourbon and a good cigar but have never paired them together, you most certainly are “missing out”.

My pallet isn’t refined enough but I’ve been told that different cigars “pair” better with different drinks. Personally I don’t have that much time to experiment.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My go to now is Cabarete by Villiger. It's a Maduro blend that's smooth and billows smoke. I have to order them but reasonably priced. I smoke maybe once every few months now though. I don't want to smoke around my kids or wife so I smoke when I go on offroad events or camping.

I’ve never heard of that one.
I’ll make a point of trying if I see any.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
My cigar of choice is the Partagas Black Label. Mice robust maduro.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
@RMY MICE!?!? I don't think you want to smoke mice. Unless it's the one from Stub's Jeep, that sucker was definitely dried out. I bet he would give a nice pungent aroma.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@RMY MICE!?!? I don't think you want to smoke mice. Unless it's the one from Stub's Jeep, that sucker was definitely dried out. I bet he would give a nice pungent aroma.

I’m the new guy, wasn’t around to enjoy the thread while fresh but I have read it.

Good stuff.
:{)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
@chiral I think vaping has worse effect on you than straight cigars. I know you will never be back to read this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts