JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Chrysler would like to know what future Gadgets you would like to have in
your JK. you get to define gadget . A CAB member will make a summery of the topic ,and post it to Chrysler/Pentastar/Jeep Board For those wanting a diesel wrangler, the Chrysler board is waiting for input from Fiat, on certifacation cost.

For your info CAB did a topic summery , on all three jeep sites, pass it to the Chrysler Board, from that meeting came the above diesel info, because you posted, and ask for it

Tell us why you want or need the Gadgets ?

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
A sway bar that doesn't short out in water or mud, kill your whole Jeep and/or catch on fire. That, or an on-board fire extinguisher. :D

A clock spring (ESP/BAS light!!) that doesn't die with a little dirt or moisture.

A real arm rest.

An auto-down soft top. Just kidding (oh, is that what JK stands for?!? :D).

Beefier ball joints.

Oh, gadgets? Us girls aren't really into gadgets. How about a lip gloss applicator? Or a leg waxer for when you have the doors off?

·
Registered
299 Posts
A Hemi option because who doesnt want more power!

A power inverter because AC power is useful

A DC power outlet in the cargo area

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
The Jk will never get a factory hemi, I asked at the engineering round table in Moab this year. Hopefully Fiat see's value $$$ in offering a risky product like a diesel. You will see the new pentastar 3.6 V6 within the next couple of years and possibly power mirriors. The should have a power inverter 115 and a built in ice chest.

Jason

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
how about a 100% water proof fan motor on a Jeep there is an idea:shaking:, hell they have them on Volvo's, so I dont need to wheel with a damn spare :thefinger:(I'm on #7)

the stock motor has 8 holes on one side and 10 on the other :shaking:

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
how about a 100% water proof fan motor on a Jeep there is an idea:shaking:, hell they have them on Volvo's, so I dont need to wheel with a damn spare :thefinger:(I'm on #7)

the stock motor has 8 holes on one side and 10 on the other :shaking:
if you didnt think your JK is a submarine, you wouldnt have that problem.... :grinpimp::beer:

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
if you didnt think your JK is a submarine, you wouldnt have that problem.... :grinpimp::beer:
hey I know plenty of others that have killed it going thru one puddle that wasnt even over their tires :thefinger:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Hey

I'm with FishyGuy....

Also, how about ditching the flip forward windshield...honestly...I looked into putting it down..Its going to take 2 hours to sort through all that crap just to lay the darn thing down...what a waist... Why don't you sell every jeep with chrome everything on it...so the rich can blow up the market on jeeps like the escalade with the hood...Gimme a break!!! lol

How about offering a off road package that includes some sort of flat fenders. Not these great BIG plastic things that hang down 3" 's. Mopar would make a killing if they jumped on Xenon for a joint venture.

Oh and while I"m at it...if your gonna offer the option of doors off, when the law states you have to have mirror's... Then lets have a flip out piece that goes in the holes of the hinges...RIGHT?????

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
crusher corners to come stock om rubis and relocate that tree cacther they call a lisence plate holder. and last but not least, figure out how to raise the transfercase by1 to 2 inches. oh, and make the front coil 1" higher so the jeep sits level and x2 on deisle engine.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My main desire is another engine choice, I'd prefer a Hemi but a diesel would be OK also. Also some more DC power outlets and maybe one AC plug.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How about a cold-weather package.

a. heated mirrors (only avail with power group, lets say)
b. heated wiper fluid (instead of wiper deicers which would require an electrical element attached to the windshield)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd like a cabin air filter.

An area on the dash where aftermarket switches and controls can be added for the inevitable additional lights, winch controls etc.

Headlight leveling system available in US markets too so those of us that tow or carry loads in back can do so at night and still see the road. It's already available overseas and the hardware's already made for the JK.

Decent headlights. C'mon, really. These things suck.

Heavy Duty cooling option with larger radiator thats easy to clean and a tranny cooler.

Cargo tiedowns in the back.

2 Back seat 12vdc outlets.

Extending sunvisors that can block the sun across the full length of the side windows, not just the front half.

What do you want to bet that all they end up offering is color coordinated windshield wiper blades and chrome dash knobs.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Better welds on those damn axles. Also on the soft top. I just broke mine. :bawling:
x2 I'm happy with the Jeep, except for weakening the axle tubes. As far as gadgets, if you can find it on a Hummer we don't need it.

Dual battery option would be nice and 12vdc run to the rear.

Leave room up-front for a full size CB/HAM.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
rubicons should have a dana 60 option.

a diesel option should be a given.

an ac inverter for camping, come on the mini vans have em and they don't go camping.

as stated euro spec lighting like e codes and the aiming option.

a real roll cage out of the gate that doesn't need to be upgraded to be safe on road or off.

the storage tub should be like woods but with a heavy duty piano style hinge and secure locking set up.

the fiberglass top should have a layer of closed cell foam between it 1/2" thick for insulation, what it may add 10-20 pounds at the most.

a real paint job would be nice. and the sound deadening material to be put on from the bottom for those of us that are wanting to line the tub.

an option to have it undercoated and rustproofed at the factory, the closest ziebart from me seems to be michigan.

ditch the 30 axle, locking hubs for those that don't want lockers I guess, but I like them on the switch and they are lifetime warranty, haha yeah right. we shall see.

x2 on the electric swaybar issues.

and the biggest I thing should be a couple of 12guage positive feed pigtails that are fused off the relay box, that are not governed by the canbus system. it is a jeep wrangler, they know it is going to be modified so make it more mod friendly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How about changing the passenger seat (on a 2 door) so it can tilt forward enough so a adult can get to the back seat? I don't cart too many people around, but when I need to it would be nice to be able to get in the back. I don't miss much from my older Jeeps, but that is one.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts