JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn!!!! I just got an email from Chrysler politely declining my application to be a member of their new "Customer Advisory Board". I guess my reputation proceeds me. Too bad. They could really use someone on that board who is not an apologist for the entire domestic automobile industry. Someone who might actually tell them that poor build quality and nonexistent customer service is actually detrimental to their bottom line. :shaking:

Anybody here actually a member of this distinguished body? Anybody else get turned down? :thefinger:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been a member for a long time. I would imagine you were declined, because they already have enough members. I don't know.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been a member for a long time. I would imagine you were declined, because they already have enough members. I don't know.
Possibly. Do you think it's worthwhile being a member? Is anyone actually listening, or do they only want to hear the good things?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Setting something up like they have is pretty expensive, so I think they are listening. That said, I suspect they'll listen more to things like their polls and the web sessions that are targeted. Currently, most of that has to do with "green" subjects. A point of which I made my feelings known.

It's worthwhile if for no other reason that you can represent the Jeep brand and hopefully prevent its future from being shaped by the hippie liberals.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's worthwhile if for no other reason that you can represent the Jeep brand and hopefully prevent its future from being shaped by the hippie liberals.
Good point. I just wish Chrysler would start paying a little more attention to Engineers and customers, and less to bean counters. Hell, if you want to see a fabulous business model for niche market vehicles, just look at Harley-Davidson. Back in the AMF days, they were about where Chrysler is now (building substandard equipment and on the verge of financial collapse). Then, the engineers bought out the bean counters and they now build one of the highest quality products on the market. In addition, they looked around, saw what their customers were doing to their product and decided to provide them with what they wanted, straight from the factory (and warrantied I might add). Now, you have to get on a waiting list for a big Harley. I would imagine that if Jeep started selling high quality, scrupulously backed, lifted, locked and otherwise massaged Wranglers (built to order), their fortunes might improve substantially.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah you're right. Not listening to the engineers is a problem with most of the automotive companies to one degree or another. I think the problem is that Jeep has a niche market as a target and the brand is always owned by someone that has a much bigger pie in mind.

I am happy that Daimler listened a little bit and we have the Rubicon model with all of its goodness. It's not perfect, but looking at what it could have become in the lines of the Bronco, Blazer, or FJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts