JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For probably 30 years I've run a wreath on my trucks, and always wanted lights, I ran into a guy who was running an inverter so I picked one up and ran it for a couple of years, but the way I had it wired was a little F'd up, and long story shot it shorted out and I tossed it.

Soooo, the season is here again and I want to run lights on my wreath, does anyone know if anyone has any 12v lights? I've never seen any, or is anyone else running lghts, and how do you have them wired up? I set up my Pilot driving lights with a relay and triggered them off my right side park light so they go on when I turn on the lights, I'd like to do something similar so they just go on when I turn on the head lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did a google search and found this.

h t t p://www.environmentallights.com/Auto-Boat-LED-Christmas-Lights_C404.aspx

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I've searched in the past with no luck, I'll order a couple of set. I should be able to tap into the relay that powers my Pilots so they automatically go on when I put my lights on, Right??

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
inverters are cheap at harbor freight
probably spend less overall with a HF inverter and regular cheap AC lights than specialty 12v lights.

I do it every year as well.

Here's a vid from the past - unfortunately its from right after I installed the lights and half of the wreath on the spare was dead out of the box.

Turn the speakers down - the audio track went in with the gain set a little too high....

Xmas lights on the Jeep on Vimeo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.