JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT - Decision has been made. Poison Spyder BFH Front With Brawler Bar on order! Thanks, as always, to Marcus at River City Offroad for the outstanding service.

OK, that cash is flowing in and I've already ordered a Warn M8000 but not a bumper for it.

I'm just looking for some input or opinions on a couple of areas. Maybe someone will throw out something I hadn't thought about that will help me make my decision.

• Fog lights - I've had stock fogs on plents of vehicles and can't remember a time I have ever used them. Can't imagine I'll miss something I never use anyway. Any specific reason to stay with a bumper that allows use of factory fogs?
  • Winch blocking airflow to radiator - How much of a concern is this really? What type of conditions does it take for it to make a negative impact? I've never considered it in the past but I keep reading about the importance of keeping the winch between the frame rails down low.
I've narrowed my bumper choices down to three bumpers. Which would you choose?

• Genright Steel Front Stubby (no grill grill guard/stinger)
  • Poison Spyder Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar
  • Poison Spyder BFH with Brawler Bar
I love Genright quality (have their tire carrier) but I love the look of the Poison Spyder Brawler Bar. In a perfect world I could get the Genright bumper with Poison Spyder's Brawler bar.

Genright is a lot less expensive than the Brawler Lite and it drops the winch down lower but I like the looks of the Brawler Lite better.

For the BFH, I don't mind cutting the frame rails to install but am slightly concerned that if I don't LOVE the bumper then I'm stuck with it because of the frame cutting. I do like the look, and I love the price, of the BFH though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok just got the LOD crawler stinger and i love it. I did get the zinc coating, and i had to wait a month. I will still say i am very happy with this purchase. check it out on my profile or my album project mayhem.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok just got the LOD crawler stinger and i love it. I did get the zinc coating, and i had to wait a month. I will still say i am very happy with this purchase. check it out on my profile or my album project mayhem.
Cool bumper for sure but I'm not interested in paying that much to wait that long. I'm impatient and Genright ships very quickly. Not sure how fast PSC ships.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Poison Spyder Brawler light... love mine, my M8000 site on it and have no issues with air flow to the rad.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Brawler lite FTW

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poison Spyder Brawler light... love mine, my M8000 site on it and have no issues with air flow to the rad.
Got a pic of that combo looking head on at it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The new Hanson shorty with stinger is pretty nice.
It is very nice but, in my opinion, it is overpriced when compared to other very similar options.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I have/really like my BFH. That said, your comment about being sure because of cutting the rails is a good cause for pause. Personally, had I not cut my rails for the BFH I'd probably have an EVO 1/4lber on the front right now.

The Brawler light is a good option. So is Hanson as listed above.

There's a great thread in circulation right now:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66087&highlight=bumper

BFH w/M8000

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have/really like my BFH. That said, your comment about being sure because of cutting the rails is a good cause for pause. Personally, had I not cut my rails for the BFH I'd probably have an EVO 1/4lber on the front right now.
I've considered the EVO too. What is it about the quarter pounder that would make you want it over the BFH? Especially when it's 50 lbs heavier than the BFH.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I've considered the EVO too. What is it about the quarter pounder that would make you want it over the BFH? Especially when it's 50 lbs heavier than the BFH.

Partly looks. I like the winch sitting "in" the bumper vs on top. I picked up EVO sliders and love them ...if I had the cash I might do a full EVO wrap around.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Partly looks. I like the winch sitting "in" the bumper vs on top. I picked up EVO sliders and love them ...if I had the cash I might do a full EVO wrap around.
I know the BFH is my favorite option but I'm not 100% sure I want to start cutting the frame yet. For the weight, price, and looks you really can't beat it. I might just need to quit being a *****! ha ha ha.

I suppose in a worst case scenario a person could have the parts of the frame welded back on with proper reinforcement and run any bumper down the road.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Looks like a decent option. I'll look into that one for sure. Thanks for posting it up

Edit: It has built in jacking points too
I noticed that as well. It seems like a well thought out bumper and having the brawler lite if I had it to do over I would get the Warn. Post up pics once you figure out what your getting. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I noticed that as well. It seems like a well thought out bumper and having the brawler lite if I had it to do over I would get the Warn. Post up pics once you figure out what your getting. :beer::beer:
I'm going with the BFH front and rear. I e-mailed Warn with some questions about their new bumper. The think I dislike the most is that it's a 90 pound stubby

1 - 20 of 20 Posts