JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok gonna run Chimney rock trail on 4 June at night. Gonna meet at 1800 at the Circle K on Tanque Verde and then head out at 1830. We should just be hitting the trail head at dark. Camping overnight if there is enough interest in it. But due to fire restrictions in place there probably won't be a campfire.

Ok who's going besides me?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm in. Wife and dogs too. Its great at night

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good, don't think there will be any threading "cleaning" over here.

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Catfish saw your comments over there on city profile. Hell yeah it is going to be sweet. I am going to play super troopers on the CB with someone all night. All you are gonna hear is "thread locked meow". You think someone will make me turn my cb off? ROFLMAO.

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
come on lets go. Ken did lower and upper ajax on his new gears.

·
...slightly sane.
143 Posts
on the current fire ban. sunday, the forest service fire team/pickup was out along chimney rock trail (ranch side).

there was a group camped out, they may have been checking their camp out or just routine patrolling.

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I think that they will be out in force now. Just heard they nailed four campers on Mt. Lemmon for illegal fire. Fines can be up to $5000.00.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Were is this place located and can a stock RUBI JK Make it?

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A stock TJ made it through with just a little help. If you don't mind some good ole AZ pinstriping then come along. WE WILL NEVER LEAVE ANYONE STRANDED. I stand behing that word 100%. And I don't want to wheel with anyone that leaves people stranded either. So there are some people that I won't wheel with here in Tucson but none of them are on here anyways so that doesn't matter.

·
22,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
...slightly sane.
143 Posts
Were is this place located and can a stock RUBI JK Make it?
I was looking for a map of the trail but I can't find it online right now. Basically up reddington road to mile marker 17 then hit the trail head and head west.

found it. http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest/recreation/ohv/ohv_images/redington_ohv.pdf
meet at the circle k first though, we can all head up as a group.

11271 E Tanque Verde Rd, Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Fires

I checked out the Arlene Fire site last weekend. On Sunday night the sherriff cited some clowns with a fire round midnight at the lakeview campground within site of the Arlene damages but on the unburned side of the lake. On monday morning same guys started it back up and when it spread into the grass they fled. My neighbors got their liscence plate though, they were registered under their name (hopefully real) and of course had already been cited. Lots of malicious criminals out there as well as completely careless morons :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: The hotshot crews, who were already there camped on the other sideof the hill not 100 yards away trying to get some sleep after fighting Arlene etc all week had an early morning.

Glad to see Randy posting so I guess he's still breathing down there...

check your extinguishers before this run please

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Gunny, This was to be my maiden trip with you guys, and i'm sorry to say that i had another back surgery on wednesday. Please take some pics. Wish i could be there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts