JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess we'll get this thread started to not cloud up the others. Just wondering who is all going and who is planning on camping. I think we are going to try camping but we are going up Friday night. I find it hard to make myself want to camp for just one night. So I figured I'd take my munchkin for her first camping trip.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Guess we'll get this thread started to not cloud up the others. Just wondering who is all going and who is planning on camping. I think we are going to try camping but we are going up Friday night. I find it hard to make myself want to camp for just one night. So I figured I'd take my munchkin for her first camping trip.

If you find yourself hard for just one night when camping then you may need some little blue pills. Either that or Ken with lots of booze in him getting all grab ass and shit...

I'll be there. Although your a little fucked up on the official time and date thing (I assume you are going to go up Friday night and get in an extra night of camping?). Rich is gonna go and he's gonna camp with us. Since he works during the day on Saturday 31st, we are going to head up Saturday night...that's S...A...T...U...R...D...A...Y, NIGHT! (okay fuckers, what movie is that from?)

Actually, Rich and I will be heading up as soon as he gets off work Saturday afternoon to set up camp (of course you probably already went over this with him right?). I would guess that everyone should meet at the Tanque Verde Circle K at 6:30pm and leave at 7:00pm. Go in Bellota Ranch rd. to the Chimney Rock play area. Play around with camping to follow. We can also play in the morning Sunday for a little bit before heading out.

Unless something has changed with Rich's schedule then this is the plan. Hopefully it's not confusing to people.

Recap;

Chimney Rock night run...

Meeting place:
Tanque Verde Circle K

Meeting time:
6:30pm, departing at 7:00pm

For those who are going to meet BEFORE the night run and set up camp

Pre-camp set up:
Probably somewhere between 4:00-6:00pm at Chimney Rock, depending on interest. We can figure this out a little more if need be. My plan however is to be at Chimney Rock around 4-5pm to set up camp and relax a little before the night run.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
How old is the munchkin? My son Forest (almost 8) has often been the only kid on camping and our other daytrips for the last few years. If I knew other kids would be there I'd have a better chance of going and bringing him along.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How old is the munchkin? My son Forest (almost 8) has often been the only kid on camping and our other daytrips for the last few years. If I knew other kids would be there I'd have a better chance of going and bringing him along.
She is 7, will be 8 in November. If you can make it I'm sure my daughter would love it if someone her age was there. I remember going hunting/camping with my dad around that age and I hated the down time.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
That's great to hear. There's alot of runs to choose between so we'll have to see. It would be great to get them together one of these times! If we do go it would be early to set up camp and play. I'll post if we are in....

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
are we doing the trail or just the play area?
Just the play area. Unless everyone really, really wants to do the entire run. If that's the case then maybe meet a little earlier to head in from the far side. Personally I was just looking for the play area (yeah I know, aren't we all).

Anybody????

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Anybody down for running the trail from east to west that night. Not trying to hijack your play time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am sure the wife and I will be going, might even be bringing my 8 year old daughter if you guys bring your kids. It will be a good introduction to camping for her. The wife loves that spot, we went camping there before the heat hit.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My buddy just mentioned that the BLM has closed Chimney to motor vehicles and are ticketing. Has anyone heard this? I looked at the BLM website as well as friends of redington and nothing said they have.

·
Registered
357 Posts
interesting... I couldnt find anything on any site about it. Thats gotta be hard for them to do because its a ranch access and open range area so it would be hard for them to do.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
My buddy just mentioned that the BLM has closed Chimney to motor vehicles and are ticketing. Has anyone heard this? I looked at the BLM website as well as friends of redington and nothing said they have.

Hmmm...Technically the area has been closed for years but access hasn't been really enforced. Who is your buddy and where did he hear about this closure and ticketing?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm...Technically the area has been closed for years but access hasn't been really enforced. Who is your buddy and where did he hear about this closure and ticketing?
He works at a fabrication shop in town and says he has talked to some of the BLM guys getting work done at his shop. How much of that is actually true coming from their mouths I don't know. You would figure there would be some sort of mention on their website as popular as Chimney Rock is. I even checked the Game and Fish notes and Nada. So I don't know what to believe I guess next step would be calling the BLM office to confirm.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
He works at a fabrication shop in town and says he has talked to some of the BLM guys getting work done at his shop. How much of that is actually true coming from their mouths I don't know. You would figure there would be some sort of mention on their website as popular as Chimney Rock is. I even checked the Game and Fish notes and Nada. So I don't know what to believe I guess next step would be calling the BLM office to confirm.

What shop?

I say as usual, go there, camp and play. If any officials want to make a stink about it we are as always, ignorant. I'm sure they will just ask us to leave if we don't act a fool.

I need to get back in touch with Jeff with the AZ State Parks OHV association and find out what might be going on with BLM since this was his hotseat area to extinguish. Also, I need to follow up with the things we really need to be doing down here to help keep our trails open rather than let if fall into the hands of folks like the Friends of Redington Pass...

Of course I will be leaning on everyone to help support whatever it is we need to support for the 2015 Travel Management Plan.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What shop?

I say as usual, go there, camp and play. If any officials want to make a stink about it we are as always, ignorant. I'm sure they will just ask us to leave if we don't act a fool.

I need to get back in touch with Jeff with the AZ State Parks OHV association and find out what might be going on with BLM since this was his hotseat area to extinguish. Also, I need to follow up with the things we really need to be doing down here to help keep our trails open rather than let if fall into the hands of folks like the Friends of Redington Pass...

Of course I will be leaning on everyone to help support whatever it is we need to support for the 2015 Travel Management Plan.
Cholla metals.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Anybody down for running the trail from east to west that night. Not trying to hijack your play time.
Yes, Scott would like to do the trail from east to west with you. Hopefully he will post up here soon and the two of you can arrange it. Maybe Chaz can go with too?

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
I am sure the wife and I will be going, might even be bringing my 8 year old daughter if you guys bring your kids. It will be a good introduction to camping for her. The wife loves that spot, we went camping there before the heat hit.
Hey, do you mind doing the whole chimney run, east to west with Jim and Scott? I'm only camping and playing that night and am looking for an extra rig to go with them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey, do you mind doing the whole chimney run, east to west with Jim and Scott? I'm only camping and playing that night and am looking for an extra rig to go with them.
Depends on what time they want to meet up. My daughter has obligations early afternoon we have to go to first.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts