JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, looking for ideas on how you are holding the covers on your kids car seats with the top and all four doors off when the kids aren't in there.

The cover on the booster has straps so it stays on pretty tight, but the cover on the Britax Marathon is just elastic and when no one is in it the wind get's under it then the foam flaps around. I don't like that added abuse. Right now I am just clipping it to the plastic on the sides with binder clips. looking for more elegant solutions/ideas.

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I don't know what that fancy car seat looks like, but in the 3 years I have had my JK, I have never had that problem with any of the car seats we have owned.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what that fancy car seat looks like, but in the 3 years I have had my JK, I have never had that problem with any of the car seats we have owned.

Like that basically. so the wind gets under the sides and pulls the cover off (can't go anywhere cause of the straps, but then the styrofoam flaps. Last year it was the only seat in there when I had the doors off so it was in the middle and it was ok, but now to the side it seems to get more wind.

For now the binder clips work, would just like something a bit more elegant. maybe there is some other sort of clip out there. I can get a better picture tonight.

I could use a doll, but we don't have carpool lanes!

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
I would say, take the cover off, attach some heavy duty velco to the underside by the head, back, and bottom. I did that with my flying floor mats and it works real well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would say if the kids arent in them take them out or throw the seat in the back? never had a problem with the boosters or the seats ?

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
Wratchet straps? Keeps the kids in their seats too, so it would be win/win.

I have the exact same seat for my daughter. Never noticed any flapping, but now that I think about it, I usually remove the seat and make Mom pick up/ drop off when I'm running doorless.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would say, take the cover off, attach some heavy duty velco to the underside by the head, back, and bottom. I did that with my flying floor mats and it works real well.
Good call. Easy to sew some velcro to the fabric and stick it to the pastic!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the same car seat (the brittax marathon)... i was also thinking about ways to keep it in decent shape when driving around with the top off.

i think i am going to try this out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00125NZSQ

it is designed to keep the seat cool... i am wondering if it will also keep the seat dry if i leave the top down in a quick rain shower.

edit: i am just editing to say how sweet it is that the powers that be here let you post full links for non-sponsors... it drives me crazy on the other jk forum when you cant post clickable links.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts