JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the JK in for an oil change and while waiting I took a stroll through the showroom. They had a 2010 unlimited x on the floor with base options BUT it did have a teraflex 3 or 4 in lift kit with some ghetto rims and street type 35's on it. I took a gander at the price the wanted for this JK and nearly hit the floor laughing!!! JUST THE LIFT AND TIRES/WHEELS added 13000 to the price on the Jeep.
:laughing:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
People do that shit all the time.
It's pathetic what they can get for it.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Yeah, and get this! We had to "replace" our license plate bracket, it didn't even include the screws to mount it or the clear plastic cover for the light! We called and they are "sold seperately"- WTF? Thank goodness I still had the old parts!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think its something about the water in Cherry Hill thats makes them all crazy. This isn't the first time I've heard people complain about Cherry Hill Jeep. I also ride a Ducati; and I can tell you that the Cherry Ducati dealer is crazy too.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I think its something about the water in Cherry Hill thats makes them all crazy. This isn't the first time I've heard people complain about Cherry Hill Jeep. I also ride a Ducati; and I can tell you that the Cherry Ducati dealer is crazy too.
You wouldn't be speaking of Cycle World would you?

·
Registered
426 Posts
The local Ford/Chrysler/Jeep dealership here does this all the time. Wrangler's and F-150's with a lift, wheels and tires, and cat-back exhaust = about 10 grand more. Always red(GA Bulldogs). They sell like hotcakes. I will admit the trucks and JK's are well equipped w options that they trick out which is pretty smart IMO. If someone is going to drop that kind of change on upgrades, they usually want all the factory bells and whistles too.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i went to the philly auto show and they had one with a 4 inch lift and 37's i think, and its almost like they wanted people to belive that they came this way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I was shopping, the Jeep dealer north of Fort Worth had a 2 door Sahara on the lot....according to the sticker, it came with just the soft top. The dealer had removed the soft top, added the hard top, and charged a $2700 premium for it!

I could not resist, and when the salesman came over, I asked about the top. He, of course, talked it up, the benefits and all...I commented on it being a dealer install....he again talked up the benefits of the hard top. When he was done, I asked why it was $1000 more than the dual top option and did not include the factory shipped soft top.

He did not have an answer for me, and I was done with that dealer anyway.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Lithia, a dealership out here which closed when Chrysler went into bankruptcy, always had one or two Jeeps on the lot that had like a 3 inch teraflex lift and 35s sitting on pro comp wheels or something along those lines and were asking 4-6K for that.

I have to admit I was almost one of those suckers.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Was that the red one?
That has to be the one he is talking about. Its a nice jeep but for an extra $13,000 it has a Teraflex 4" with all the control arms, 20" wheels with some 35" ATs and some kind of fenders I didnt reconize the were paint matched.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Lithia, a dealership out here which closed when Chrysler went into bankruptcy, always had one or two Jeeps on the lot that had like a 3 inch teraflex lift and 35s sitting on pro comp wheels or something along those lines and were asking 4-6K for that.

I have to admit I was almost one of those suckers.
Thats not so unreasonable. But 13k for pretty much the same options?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
When I was shopping, the Jeep dealer north of Fort Worth had a 2 door Sahara on the lot....according to the sticker, it came with just the soft top. The dealer had removed the soft top, added the hard top, and charged a $2700 premium for it!

I could not resist, and when the salesman came over, I asked about the top. He, of course, talked it up, the benefits and all...I commented on it being a dealer install....he again talked up the benefits of the hard top. When he was done, I asked why it was $1000 more than the dual top option and did not include the factory shipped soft top.

He did not have an answer for me, and I was done with that dealer anyway.
The price for a hard top is $1895+wiring $200 and labor so that price is a little high but not crazy high.

Jason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts