JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a brake job on the JK today and just happened to catch a glimpse of the rear upper control arm rod end. I know I should look over things after wheeling trips but its only been roughly 800 miles since I had the rear axle out. Anyway be sure to check them. Just after I took the picture I was removing the compression nut and bumped the broken end and it split in half at the compression nut.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Who's end? Maybe you should try a two piece.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Rock Krawler, Two piece? this one is rebuildable and Rock Krawler has been very good with sending me replacement center balls

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I meant, are the balls one piece or do they have the high misalignment spacers? I've been curious which one holds up better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the exact same thing on my TJ. Contact RK, they will send you new ends. Be sure you are NOT overtighting them. It does not take a lot of torque on those CA bolts.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the exact same thing on my TJ. Contact RK, they will send you new ends. Be sure you are NOT overtighting them. It does not take a lot of torque on those CA bolts.
Yeah I did they have already had to send me lowers, even with the few problems Rock Krawler is kick as$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts