JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, awesome group! I've got a question that is stumping me. I've got an 08 Wrangler X, here a week ago we got a good cold snap, 5 below without wind chill, I went out to start my Jeep to let it warm up and the check engine light came on. I let it warm up, still on. Drove it a little after it was warmed up, still on. Parked it, checked everything I could think of, fluids ect. Nothing appears to be out of place. Next day it was warmer in the 20s, went to start it and now the light was off. A week later it's in the 30s and now it's back on. I tried the turn the key on off 3 times fast to get the code all it does it flash ------------- for about 30 seconds then says ----DONE------ no codes come up. It runs perfectly, fluids and filters all appear normal. Anyone got any ideas as to where to look next? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Use a code scanner to look for codes. Not all codes will show with the key dance.

If you don't want to buy a code scanner, many auto parts stores will scan your Jeep for free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's what I figured my next step was but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone had any other ideas. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts