JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to be able to air down AND back up. I'm new to 4 wheeling and don't plan on entering any competitions soon so I don't need something that will air up a 40" in 30 seconds or anything AND I smoke so I can easilly kill time while airing back up. Found this on amazon

THIS ONE

Anyone use these or any cheap (compressor<$80) compressor that worked good and you would recommend?

TYIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
What I did in the 90's to air up my CJ-7's tires was get an air compressor that plugs into the cig lighter (cig light = aux power outlet). $17.00 that was it! No need for an air tank or other crazy-ass junk to just air up the tires. It is small and fits into the storage area under the floor in the back. It is also good to continually monitor tire pressure, (especially now since the jerk-of*'s of Wall Street are once again bidding up the price of oil. I guess these brokerage whores think the sad state of the economy has so distracted all americans they will never notice the greedy pigs are at it again...but I digress).

Check your local auto parts store (dear God almighty not the dealership) for one of these. It is good to 250lbs per sq in.

Just my simple solution.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Your link doesn't work. Look up Q-Maxx or some have another name on them... I believe they make the SmittyBilt compressors now. Most of us in our club have used them for years and they have worked great for us, only have seen one melt down(litterally) after airing up 15 tires. I think you can get them at costco(sp.)

·
Registered
520 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/Slime-COMP06-Power-Heavy-Duty-Inflator/dp/B000M8R0QM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1238422935&sr=8-1

I'd like to be able to air down AND back up. I'm new to 4 wheeling and don't plan on entering any competitions soon so I don't need something that will air up a 40" in 30 seconds or anything AND I smoke so I can easilly kill time while airing back up. Found this on amazon

THIS ONE

Anyone use these or any cheap (compressor<$80) compressor that worked good and you would recommend?

TYIA

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx SRTpusher for fixing the link and thanx BOBY435 and Prope for the suggestions. Looks like I should be able to grab something for about $20-$50 bucks locally.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
MastFlow MF-1050

Used to be the sought after mv50. It cost $50 when I got mine but looks like they are now $$70-$80.

YOu can get it at Pepboys are HarborFreight.

Fills all 4 35's in about 12 minutes

There has been many reviews on these over the years. They have some of the best speeds. Even faster then some more expensive ones. Just google it and you will find many reviews. I have been using mine for about 3 years with no issues

·
Registered
712 Posts
I use the MV50 with a 2 gallon air tank, pressure switch relay, yadda yadda yadda.

I can't wait to move to CO2. With it all mounted inside, it overheats easily and I have to let it cool down between front and rear tires. The 120lbs in the 2gal tank shaves off about 3 minutes worth of fill-up, I guess, but takes five minutes to bring the tank to 120lbs from 0, or 2 minutes from 80.

!c

Edit: read the above as saying: if you're going to go with the MF1050/MV50, don't bother with running an external tank and dealing with all of that hassle unless you intend to run air tools (which I thought I might... one day.). You'll just spend a bunch of money and end up being frustrated.

Get it, it works, be patient, and keep it outside of the vehicle when running it.

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
78 Posts
what if you fill up your spares tire whit co2 and use it as a thank maby you could fill up your tire air wont work but co2 maybe

·
Registered
712 Posts
what if you fill up your spares tire whit co2 and use it as a thank maby you could fill up your tire air wont work but co2 maybe
I'm pretty sure that most spares aren't rated in the triple-digits PSI required when filling it with liquid CO2....

!c

1 - 14 of 14 Posts