JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a few pics of my new sPod switches.

This is with just my lights on.

This is with the 2nd and 3rd switches on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The switches are wired to my dimmer switch behind the a/c control knobs so they are only lit when the parking or headlights are on. It is an Aeroforce gauge in the center.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Switches are here: (Over The River And Thru The Woods)
http://www.otrattw.com/

They fit the sPod switch panel without modification. You have to run one additional wire from switched power or the dimmer circuit.

The Aeroforce Interceptor gauge requires a different sPod switch panel, which Jon at sPod sells for $70.

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
I used these same basic switches on another application. If you get the ones with the white panels for the light to luminesce through, you can easily change the internal LED to any color you want. It's a standard LED, not surface mount. Just disassemble the switch and heat up the soldering iron.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks really good. I am planning on getting an Spod eventually as well. Are these switches different than what comes with the Spod? Why change? Just for the lettering or is it a better switch?

·
Premium Member
4,927 Posts
Looks really good. I am planning on getting an Spod eventually as well. Are these switches different than what comes with the Spod? Why change? Just for the lettering or is it a better switch?
The switches that come w the unit only light when switched on. At night not so easy to tell which one ur looking to turn on. These are backlit switches that u can wire up to come on w the headlights etc. So at night now u shouldnt hit the compressor switch instead of the flood lights:D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Did the same thing! Easy and low cost mod:beer:

As stated above, here is where you get them:
http://www.otrattw.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
The switches that come w the unit only light when switched on. At night not so easy to tell which one ur looking to turn on. These are backlit switches that u can wire up to come on w the headlights etc. So at night now u shouldnt hit the compressor switch instead of the flood lights:D

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Nice! I will definitely look into doing that when i get the SPod.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:) Those are kinda neat lookin, but

I never look at my sPOD panel anyway--I just reachup and hit the right switch-

After you've used it for a while-your fingertips KNOW !

:koolaid: JIMBO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts