JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I haven't spent a ton of time searching, but I can't seem to find out how to cancel the "change oil" indicator that comes up everytime I start the JK. I've changed the oil more than it wants and it still whines. :shaking:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The procedure is in the manual. (I know... big help, huh? :shaking:;))

I think it goes something like this:
  • Turn the key to the ON position (do not start engine)
  • Fully depress the gas pedal 4 time within 10 seconds
  • Turn the key to the OFF position

As far as I know this is the procedure to do it, or at least its close to the procedure. Check your owners manual for the exact steps. :)

Good luck!

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I though I read it in the manual, but each time I looked in the last few days it was while the dash was dinging...I couldn't concentrate. So I figured I'd come inside and take a breather and see if any one of yous all could help allay my agony :bawling:

·
14ers
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I got it. Page 207. It's:

1. ingnition on
2. press accelerator to floor 3 times within 10 seconds
3. turn ingition off
4. repeat if neccessary :laughing:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have tried resetting mine so many times and I still can't get it to reset. I'm still repeating as necessary. Any other ideas?
To quote an answer from Wiki Answers:

"Turn one click. Press the right-hand button on the instrument panel (the one just below the odometer), with that button still pressed down, turn the ignition key one more click (power comes on, radio, etc.). Every light on the instrument panel should light up and run in complex patterns (a test mode) NOW depress the gas pedal three times in rapid succession. Start the car and the "change oil" message should be gone."

Haven't tried this one myself, but I am going to try it tonight as mine is now stating the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts