JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally gotten around to installing my Cobra 75 I got for x-mas a few weeks ago and just picked up an external speaker to go along with it.

My question is where is a good place to mount the speaker where you'll be able to hear it but isn't getting in the way or looks too out of place?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mounted it on the soundbar on the driver's side right behind my left ear with the self-tapping screws....still have a hard time hearing it with top/doors off at 100kph ;)

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Saw someone mount it on the rollbar/drivers side under the cover-cut out some of the foam and it fit like a glove and was invisible. Not sure how the sound was but he said it was good-Give search a shot you should be able to find the post-

·
Registered
962 Posts
Saw someone mount it on the rollbar/drivers side under the cover-cut out some of the foam and it fit like a glove and was invisible. Not sure how the sound was but he said it was good-Give search a shot you should be able to find the post-
I did that, but not sure if I posted it here. Works like a charm and out of eye sight. Being beneath the fabric of the roll bar cover kills the harshness that CB's have.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I did that, but not sure if I posted it here. Works like a charm and out of eye sight. Being beneath the fabric of the roll bar cover kills the harshness that CB's have.
When I get around to installing one I will do it this way-Like the out of sight and it looked super easy to do-

Maybe I saw it posted on the dark side-I don't remember much these days....

Haven't been over there in awhile!:smokin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to look to see if I can get away with that. I've got the cobra 500 CB speaker and that puppy has some girth to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put my external speaker under glove box behind the dash. You cant see it at all. No problem hearing it while wheeling either.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Do a search for Cobra 75 mounting on here, and there is a very good write-up for mounting the external speaker, with pictures.

I followed the same install from the same write-up, and mine works perfectly. I'll tell you that the mounting point is on the aluminum kick-plate to the left of the pedals underneath the driver's side dashboard.

RC

·
Registered
14 Posts
Right Channel Radio supplied a small wedge shaped speaker with the Cobra 75 package I bought .

Installed the radio connection inside the glove box. I can have the 75 out and close the glove box or just put it back in to lock up.

I installed the speaker with velcro over the rear view mirror. The wife had no idea where it was 'till I showed her.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I put mine on the roll bar right behind my right ear. heard it very well on the highway no top no doors at 70MPH. But no one could hear me over the noise when I tried to broadcast.:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did the same thing, love it.
I put mine in the roll bar foam above my left ear. Works great.

Not the best photo, but an idea:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
i have the same location for my speaker, its awesome

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I just used some velcro with a sticky back and stuck my speakers (one for HAM and one for CB) to the top of the sound bar. They are out of the way, and I can hear them fine even at speed. With the top off at speed, they are hard to hear, but I'm not normally chatting on one of my radios then anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts