JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so being new to this i was wondering if i need to set my rig up with a CB radio..question being,is this needed or used on trail rides ??

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yes. Don't go all out with the Mack Daddy best of the best shit, but get something that's not gonna crap out after one use. Look up Right Channel Radio on the interwebs. They make packages that come everything you need and they also have articles and research materials to guide you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've got a boosted radio to use so thats no problem..do you recomend any type of antenna ?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Both the type of antenna and its location is a matter of personal preference... A lot run a 4' firestick, I run a K40. Most get a tire carrier mount and some run them in front off their bumper or stinger. Jeeps aren't known as an "antenna friendly" vehicle as far as range goes.

Also have a 2 meter Larsen antenna off left fender

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both the type of antenna and its location is a matter of personal preference... A lot run a 4' firestick, I run a K40. Most get a tire carrier mount and some run them in front off their bumper or stinger. Jeeps aren't known as an "antenna friendly" vehicle as far as range goes.

Also have a 2 meter Larsen antenna off left fender
k40 is my fav..but i'm thinking a 4' firestick on a spring, mounted to the tire carrier..thanks for the info guys...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I used a 3' Wilson flex with no spring until it broke. No fault of the antenna, I didn't get far enough into the garage and when I shut the door one of the bars pushed down on it and snapped it. I replaced it with a 3' Aries that's just as flexible.

·
Registered
325 Posts
here is my set up....

the CB is a Uniden 980SSB Bear Cat and my antenna is a 4' Firestik. I used a Poison Spider antenna mount which installs in the factory spare tire bolt location. my CB mount is a Rugged Ridge overhead mount which I highly recommend.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here is my set up....

the CB is a Uniden 980SSB Bear Cat and my antenna is a 4' Firestik. I used a Poison Spider antenna mount which installs in the factory spare tire bolt location. my CB mount is a Rugged Ridge overhead mount which I highly recommend.

thanks for this info..my next question was on mount type..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts