JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looking for a compact CB much like the Cobra 75 and Midland 75-822. Just have heard lots about the Cobra not lasting that great... just wondering about the Midland?

I don't want the CB to take up lots of space, be able to hide it when not in use.

Thanks,
Steve

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
I would shy away from the Cobra 75....several guys on here have replaced theirs a couple times. I have had mine replaced once and now isn't working again. Thinking about going to a "side of the center console" mounted CB like I had before with my Uniden. Worked great and never had any issues with it....my wife has it now in her vehicle. :bawling:

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Never had any issues with my Uniden 520xl. Been using it for many years without any problems at all. Very compact design.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I've had both the Midland and the Cobra you mentioned. The Cobra is what I have now. It's been in the rig for 2 years now and it's never been a problem. I've heard of some guys having issues, but I can't recall what the issues are. The only real thing I've heard much is the speaker sucks, and if you always have it turned up the speaker with go to shit so an external speaker is almost a must.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I love my Midland 75-822. It works great and stores away easily in the glove box when not in use. I have had mine for 4 years wheeling about once a month. It is also lighter than the Cobra and easier to hold in your hand. It also works great because you can throw on the battery pack and use it outside the vehicle. I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a handheld unit that can be stowed easily between uses.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I know you didn't ask about it but I'm gonna recommend a Uniden like a few other have. I use the 510XL and I haven't had any issues in about 2 years and it is very compact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts