JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probly been posted a million times, but im trying to decide where i want to mount my cobra 25. i dont want to go the overhead route or on the side of the console... i was thinking of velcroing it on the dash above the stock radio (velcro for easy removal to thwart thieves), has anyone done anything similar, or what do u think about it thx in advance. pics will b helpful, and also antenna mounting pics. thx!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i was thinking of velcroing it on the dash above the stock radio (velcro for easy removal to thwart thieves), has anyone done anything similar, or what do u think about it thx in advance. pics will b helpful, and also antenna mounting pics. thx!
The speaker on the bottom will mess with the compass...

I am running a Cobra 18 WXII.. The speaker is front mounted and doesn't mess with the compass.. :smokin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats exactly what i was thinking, except i was going to put a small external speaker on top (already have the cobra 25, dont want to buy a new radio) do u ever have any issues with the velcro not holding? i think thats what i am going to go with thanks for the pic!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
thats exactly what i was thinking, except i was going to put a small external speaker on top (already have the cobra 25, dont want to buy a new radio) i think thats what i am going to go with thanks for the pics!!
It will work.. Just don't trust the compass while using the CB.. LOL And your welcome.. :beer:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here is my contribution. I don't use the CB very much so that is why I put it in the glove. I have a 2 way as well.

[URL="[/URL]

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I mounted mine above the mirror, out of site for curious onlookers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is my contribution. I don't use the CB very much so that is why I put it in the glove. I have a 2 way as well.

[URL="[/URL]
that look really clean! good job on that i like the way that looks, only downfall i the ease of operating while driving due to having to look down there

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It will work.. Just don't trust the compass while using the CB.. LOL And your welcome.. :beer:
thanks, i dont use the compass anyway

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Where were you when I was buying that?? lol:beer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts