JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost ready to put my CB in but I was wondering how I can wire the CB into a spare fuse spot on the fuse panel. I want to do this to avoid splicing into my cig outlets or any other factory wires. The wires for the CB has its own fuse so I just want to know pros/cons of doing this and if it is possible, which fuse area do I wire to?

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I was told that it is best to wire the CB directly to the battery, but I am no means a CB expert.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would also add that you should twist the lines (+ & -) around each other to help avoid getting radiant elec. noise through your power wires.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everyone! I guess I will wire it straight to the battery. Does everyone just clamp the wires between the terminal connections or do you all put some sort of connector on?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone! I guess I will wire it straight to the battery. Does everyone just clamp the wires between the terminal connections or do you all put some sort of connector on?
No connectors on mine. Just bare wire wrapped around the threads, then tighten the nut down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts