JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My last wheelin' trip was exactly a year ago.
I came home and unplugged my cb and took off my antenna.

By and by... time passed and I am finally off to the trails...

I hook up the cb and antenna .. no sound. WTF.

what could be wrong?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Maybe the hand-set took a dump over the last year. I'm assuming you're preparing for next weekend. Go buy a new one and return that one with the receipt.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Buy a wire and hook to the stereo or get a mini speaker and run that. Same thing happened to mine. Only issue w the radio is u can't jam out and have cm sound.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
909 Posts
Does it at least light up? Any weather channels?

Try plugging it in and running it for a while.

I found that after mine has been unplugged and stored for a couple of months it doesn't come back to full life immediately. Reception actually gets better the longer it stays turned on. What I do now (about once every 1-2 months) is to connect it for a day or two. I turn it on during my 30 minute commute to work, (leave it off during the day, so it doesn't drain the JKs battery) but still connected, then turn it on again on my 30 minutes home.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
(Yes ... are you going? and which jeep. I haven't seen Cliff so tell him if you talk to him)
If I show up it'll only be one day. Sat or Sun. I'll only take the JK. I haven't seen or heard from cliff either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.