JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Messin around installing the Cobra 29 CB today and I have been considering installing an external speaker with mine for a while because I have a hard time understanding what people are saying through the little speaker in the CB and when I'm on the road with the top off friends can't hit me up because i can't hear them with all the road noise,

so I was pluggin my iPhone in to listen to some tunes and it dawned on me that I already have an external CB speaker AKA stereo...plugged my double male phono plug wire into the CB and into the radio and wahlah, external speaker,,,,easiest mod I ever did...

I know I'm easily amused :D and I'm sure someone has already thought of this, but figured I would post it up...:thefinger:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not really any pics to show unless you want to see the CB mount...here is a pic of bodyguys, mine is the same..

As for using the stereo as an external speaker, you just go to Radio Shack or Walmart and buy a Aux phono plug wire (Male connection on each end). Plug one end into the CB external speaker port (if you have one) and the other into your Jeep stereo AUX port, then you can listen to your CB through the stereo...

·
Registered
199 Posts
...As for using the stereo as an external speaker, you just go to Radio Shack or Walmart and buy a Aux RCA wire (Male RCA connection on each end). Plug one end into the CB external speaker port (if you have one) and the other into your Jeep stereo AUX port, then you can listen to your CB through the stereo...
Just to clear things up... you need to use a "phono plug" to connect the CB to the auxillary input on the radio...

A phono plug looks like this:

And a RCA plug looks like this:

·
Registered
495 Posts
That is a good idea. I am going to do that too. I even have the wire already and didn't think of it, lol. Thanks for the post. :beer:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I did this for a while but you can't listen to tunes while you use AUX.:shaking:: Took my mod out. I anm gonna buy an external powered speaker. I like my tunes while wheelin. :smokin:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think we have covered this before, but it's a very bad idea. The audio output on the CB will very easily overload and possibly burn out the aux input. The aux input is designed for line level inputs, not speaker level.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts