JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all i was wondering how many of you run a spring with your antenna or a quick disconnect and or both thanks

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
No quick disco here. I have mine on hand tight with no issues.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Neither here, I have seen quick discos cause interference problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been running quick disconnects and springs on many different vehicles over a 20 year span and I never experienced any interference or problems.

·
Registered
494 Posts
CB uses a Wilson flex antenna, spring, and quick disconnect. 2 Meter uses a rigid mount. No problems with the CB antenna, but I have broke the 2 meter antenna.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I use just the Wilson Flex for my CB. No spring needed as the antenna flexes very well. HAM radio uses a wire whip style antenna that allows lots of flex as well. Both antennas don't stick above the roof line more than 12 inches either. Sure, it's not ideal for super long range comms, but it works perfectly well for trail use and keeps them out of harms way enough that I've never had a problem with this setup on two different jeeps.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
48" Firestik on a spring mounted hand tight. I usually pull it off when I'm not on the trail, but I will occassionally put it back on in the event of impending inclement weather.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I always use a quick disconnect and I've never had a problem. I have a 3' Firefly antenna now, but highly recommend the Wilson Flex antenna if you can find one.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I use a spring and a quick disconnect. While I consider the quick disconnect to be a creature comfort, I consider the spring a must have. Not only will it reduce stress on your mounting joint, it will lessen the chances of you snapping your CB antenna due to run-ins with parking garages, etc.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all for the response's. also for those who use quick disconnecrs, do you have to re-tune the antenna every time. i have a firestik II.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've got a Wilson 4' flex and I use a quick disconnect so I can get in my garage. No problem so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts