JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a firestick type antenna with my Uniden CB radio. I have read several posts in here about tuning your antenna.

My SWR reading is as follows
channel 1:4.9
channel 40:2.9

In the previous posts I have read it seems to be following trend that if your reading is higher on the upper channels you mihgt need to shorten ot cut your antenna. Mine is opposite lower on the higher channels.....so do I need to lengthen? And if so, how would this be accomplished.

I might be backwards and need to cut, but at this point not sure? Any direction would be helpful.

BTW - I did check the ground, coax, and other items mentioend and I seemd to be good in all other areas. Have a Wilson 500 that reads 1.1 on channel 1. But switched antennas because the wilson is a magnet mount. No steel on top of JK......lol.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If your Firestick is like mine then there should be a red cap on it. Pull the cap off and you'll find a brass screw underneath. This screw is how you lenghten or shorten your antenna. What I do is check the SWR, then turn the screw a few turns (keep count) and see what happens. Then by doing this a few times you should be able to dial it in. Hope this helps,.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts