JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everybody pretty much running the teraflex mount, or are there other ones That I am having trouble finding?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
made my own using some flat steel stock

bolts the same holes that the tire carrier bolts to.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Teraflex mount and 4' Firestik with quick disconnect here! I really like the mount and havent had any issues with it.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Not sure if you are running the stock tire carier....if not check out member Imack606's free custom bolt on mount....pretty killer

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just drilled into the stock tire carrier and mounted the Wilson antenna right into it. Been fine for two years now and didn't cost me a penny :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just drilled into the stock tire carrier and mounted the Wilson antenna right into it. Been fine for two years now and didn't cost me a penny :)
Interesting... Let's see a pic.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Anybody mounted a cb antenna on their roof rack? If you have a roof rack that screws or clamps into the frame, did you ground it?

·
Research, bro!
2,219 Posts
Are you getting a swing away tire carrier anytime soon? Quite a few have mounts built right into them. Where I put mine...

·
Registered
410 Posts
Already have the mopar one... I've read in quite a few spots not all the swing-aways are grouned well & that one is not grounded well b/c of the bushings/lube...of course you can always take the interweb as gospel. :)

True? complete crap? I know the antennas need to be grounded well, so I want to do it right from the start and it would impact my choice for location I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts