JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cat efficiency codes and Jeep will not honor my emissions warranty since I have cut and modified the exhaust to get around the long arm kit. They told me they could not use my current Cat's as CORE's because of how they were cut and welded back.

I am tired of the Check Engine Light chiming and being on. I have the Diablosport Predator, can I modify settings somehow to turn the light off and keep it off (unmonitor the cats I guess)? I clear the codes and they just come back in a few days. Just wanted to see what is possible since I have read that RIPP uses the Diablo to remove O2's and CATS from some tunes. Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I can proably be done but not with just the Predator flash tuner or Trinity. You must have Diablosprt CMR tuning software to do it. Basically you need a custom tune. maybe RIPP can help. They use Diablosport CMR tuning software for their tunes.

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
If you have any sort of emissions testing in your state, that probably won't work very well either.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Are you getting a P0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold) error? This error just popped up on mine again after being gone for 6 months. I had replaced the O2 sensor and thought that fixed it...but nope.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you have any sort of emissions testing in your state, that probably won't work very well either.
Not true, I have 6 cars and none of them have cats (except my JK) And we have emissions here. All have a custom tune to turn the 02 system off. All of them pass just fine every year. :thefinger: EPA

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in Alabama, so no emissions test. I am getting the cat efficiency code. I called the dealer where I bought my jeep, who is a good friend, and he is going to warranty it. Have to drive out of state, but worth it

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
RIPP can help. i have the SC and headers with their latest tune 3.2 , i had to datalogging my jeep due that efficiency code popping up. they will give you certain parameter to select. send it by email, turn around is about 2 days minimal..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.