JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys this isn't the first and in sure it ain't the last that CT will make.. What I'm hoping is, this thread will turn into for ideas, tip, measurements = gallon capacity, etc..

NOTE: if this thread need to be moved and edited for CT, please JKO mediators.

The following is 35 x 10 footprint, 14" tall, RCI filler neck is 3.5" hight.. I calculated it to be 18.419 gallons... A simple cube in. to gal (liquid) google search helps you out...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Andre I can send you a quickfill setup like we use on our Ultra 4 car that makes filling it much easier. I can't tell 100% if its a PITA to fill or not but its something to consider. I tossed in a picture and a little weld picture while I was at it...

One big thing that we plan on doing next is creating a cradle/big clamp system to secure the tank and make it easier to mount and protect it a bit.

Any thoughts or ideas that you have please let us know, we're constantly trying to improve things and make better products for you guys

Attachments

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was considering it?

What my plans is removing all 2nd seat brackets, flush them out, make a speed holed tray out of steel, use 8 shock bushings from daystar, weld on 8 bolts/studs onto the tray, bolt it though the tube, bushings isolating between tray/tub, also make a washer for the underside to distribute the load.

Then make a Like Artec industries top portion to bolt to the tray...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Question, with the quick fill mounted on the rollbar like that, how exactly do you know when the tank is full? Does the gas station nozzle shut off like a convention gas tank fill?

Another, when you make these tanks, can you also make them with tabs in corner locations in order to mount them to the vehicle?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Question, with the quick fill mounted on the rollbar like that, how exactly do you know when the tank is full? Does the gas station nozzle shut off like a convention gas tank fill?

Another, when you make these tanks, can you also make them with tabs in corner locations in order to mount them to the vehicle?
You can see the fuel through the quick-fill tube. And yes, the nozzle would still kick off when fuel contacts it.

By the way... your OEM fuel gauge will still work with these cells, but will read FULL until the fuel level gets below the center section where the pump mounts.
You could mount a traditional fuel cell sending unit with an aftermarket gauge if you really need to monitor the fuel level from top to bottom.

I ordered mine with tabs. You can have them welded on wherever you need for your application. You can also have baffles welded in. :)

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Is there a specific reason the cell is shaped that way with the void in the center?
Not just the sending unit, but the pump itself. The OE pump sits at the bottom of the OE tank with about 2" of preload on the spring mechanism in the pump.
So this design allows you to locate the OE pump the same way.
You could of course run a more "regular" shape cell with an external or aftermarket pump/sending system.
But this design is plug and play. :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Nice.

How about routing the fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rails? Does it go directly or is there a splice to the fuel lines under the JK?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Nice.

How about routing the fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rails? Does it go directly or is there a splice to the fuel lines under the JK?
The OE fuel fitting that goes onto the fuel rail is plastic bonded over stainless steel at the rail. I cut the plastic off and clamped a rubber FI fuel line to the OE fitting.
The pump fitting is plastic over plastic. Did the same thing there. Snapped it onto the fuel rail, strategically routed it away from heat and sharp stuff, and snapped it onto the pump.
Quick release on both ends, same as stock.:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.